Author Topic: Unofficial Code::Blocks installer for Windows (svn 10408)  (Read 172068 times)

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Unofficial Windows installer for Code::Blocks (svn 7671)
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 12:54:24 am »
Nice to know those graphics are of use :).

Out of curiosity, have you any plan to try the other icons (for scripted wizard and file associations)?

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2012, 08:34:31 am »
Glad you approve :). It really belongs there, IMHO.

You also have alternate resources for the scripted wizard and source file icons? I only found the application and project file icon in the thread I link to on the top of this one. That is where I downloaded the source files from. Otherwise, I will try to reproduce the wizard banners (and other missed icons) with your new logo.

Next, on my list of big changes, are replicating the C::B installer using WiX instead of NSIS (it should be a bit more robust, and allow interesting things like maintenance mode) and actually getting a stable (not crashing) build using wxWidgets 2.9.3. :)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2012, 09:50:44 am »
Next, on my list of big changes, are replicating the C::B installer using WiX instead of NSIS
Please don't, you can achieve "maintenance mode" with NSIS, too using either checksums or DLL version checking. However, I am afraid usually it will be of no use. What's would be the real benefit?
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 08:06:51 pm »
You also have alternate resources for the scripted wizard and source file icons? I only found the application and project file icon in the thread I link to on the top of this one.
See the first post in thread for links; the one I think you want is graphics.7z (edit: be warned that I made several of the earlier sets before realizing their format was incompatible with XP computers).

That is where I downloaded the source files from. Otherwise, I will try to reproduce the wizard banners (and other missed icons) with your new logo.
By source I mean *.blend's and *.psd's (some, but not all, of which I have uploaded already).
I only altered some of the wizard banners, if you have time you could work on replacing more (I am somewhat busy at the moment).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:57:48 pm by Alpha »

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 10:59:08 pm »
I only altered some of the wizard banners, if you have time you could work on replacing more (I am somewhat busy at the moment).
If you do, these files may be of use.

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2012, 12:37:31 pm »
The unofficial installer has been updated to revision 7766 this morning. :) Be warned that the CC plugin is currently slightly unstable (rev. 7766 includes a fix for a hang, though). I added a few more graphical changes to further integrate Alpha icons in Code::Blocks, and this time included it in project wizard banners.

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
Re: Unofficial Windows installer for Code::Blocks (svn 7789)
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 07:06:18 pm »
Installer updated to revision 7789. :)

Is there any chance to make this thread a sticky, so that I don't need to pollute it with bump posts to bring it back to the top of the list?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Unofficial Windows installer for Code::Blocks (svn 7789)
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, 09:35:34 am »
Is there any chance to make this thread a sticky, so that I don't need to pollute it with bump posts to bring it back to the top of the list?
Done.

Edit: BTW: If you want to, you can integrate this:
http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15915.0.html
...too for testing. ;-)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 09:38:50 am by MortenMacFly »
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Master

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Unofficial Windows installer for Code::Blocks (svn 7925)
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2012, 09:19:27 pm »
Thanks .
would you provide some more mirros ?
the GoogleCode is unreachable in my country (Iran  :-\ )
and another suggestion , why dont you add the ( latest ) Mingw bundle just like the actual setup ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:21:30 pm by Master »
a man's dream is an index to his greatness...

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
Re: Unofficial Windows installer for Code::Blocks (svn 8043)
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2012, 07:36:01 am »
Considering that some people have trouble fetching the installer from GoogleCode, I'm looking for people who would like to mirror the unofficial C::B installer. Please PM me if you can do this.
P.S.: The latest update (revision 8043) to the unofficial installer includes the latest CC bug fixes, and a very cool patch that makes typing strings that much easier. Check it out in the first post. :)

Offline xunxun

• Almost regular
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2012, 07:58:07 am »
Considering that some people have trouble fetching the installer from GoogleCode, I'm looking for people who would like to mirror the unofficial C::B installer. Please PM me if you can do this.
P.S.: The latest update (revision 8043) to the unofficial installer includes the latest CC bug fixes, and a very cool patch that makes typing strings that much easier. Check it out in the first post. :)

You can try sourceforge.. :)
Regards,
xunxun

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2012, 12:38:35 pm »
Thank you.  I feel rather special to have multiple items of my own involved in this installer :).  I was wondering if you could (in the first post) list me under one username (Alpha == alpha0010)?

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2012, 01:19:48 pm »

You can try sourceforge.. :)

Uploaded, and added link to first post. Thanks for the tip! :)

Offline ptDev

• Almost regular
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2012, 01:21:59 pm »
Thank you.  I feel rather special to have multiple items of my own involved in this installer :).  I was wondering if you could (in the first post) list me under one username (Alpha == alpha0010)?

Updated the top post. In fact, I will also add credits to the author of each extra plugin as well as soon as I get a bit of time. :)

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2012, 05:40:03 pm »
Thanks.

By the way, while exploring the new installer, I found it appears that the Editor Tweaks plugin and the CMake lexer are unavailable.  Were these perhaps lost during packaging?