Development / Re: RFC: Backticks
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Today at 03:12:10 pm »
quotes=="
backticks==`

::)
« Last post by ollydbg on Today at 02:04:23 pm »
What happens without the quotes?
Generally backticks are more useful in the compiler or linker options and not for search paths.

If I remove the backtick, then the build log becomes:

Code
g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -g -I"echo aaa" -c D:\code\test_git_temp\test_cmdcmd\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Today at 01:58:56 pm »
What happens without the quotes?
Generally backticks are more useful in the compiler or linker options and not for search paths.
« Last post by ollydbg on Today at 01:54:43 pm »
I can build this branch under Windows.

But I don't know how to test it.

I can write some code in the compiler include search path, such as:

Code
`echo aaa`

Then, I got such build command line:

Code
g++.exe -Wall -fexceptions -g -I"`echo aaa`" -c D:\code\test_git_temp\test_cmdcmd\main.cpp -o obj\Debug\main.o

It looks like the backtick not get executed?
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Problem with svn 12446
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Today at 01:33:00 pm »
I can reproduce this with gcc 11.1, but I'm not sure it is the compiler. Somehow the data items gets corrupted when they get to the sort function. Investigating.
Hi, thanks for the response!

ollydbg. Thanks for the Page and info as I was able to get the wxwidget pretty printing to work with the help form the page. I fell into a few minor holes, which could filed in by updating the page so other people do not fall into the same holes, which are/were:
1) In the Menu->Settings->Debugger settings. Open the debugger plugin setting dialog and uncheck the "Disable startup scripts (-nx) (GDB only)" option.

I think this option should be "checked on", I mean we don't need the startup scripts.

2) If you are using the https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/blob/master/misc/gdb/print.py file then add the following to the gdbinit file:
sys.path.insert(0, 'D:/temp')         
from wxprint import register_wxwidgets_printers
register_wxwidgets_printers (None)

Rember to change the directory to where you have saved the print.py file.
I don't do like that, I just shows what I did in this post:
Re: Debugger: use gdb python pretty printer for the libstdcxx under msys2
You don't need the "hard-coded path" in those settings.

3) Update it to change the "source F:\msys64\mingw64\etc\gdbinit" to "source $(TARGET_COMPILER_DIR)etc\gdbinit"
This is correct, I also do like this.

4) You may want to change the note about the "register_libstdcxx_printers(None)" additional line was added to MSYS in https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/pull/6351 (6-Apr-2020) and if people are using a later version then they do not need to do anything.
Yes, I think msys2 already has configured the pretty printer for the libstdcxx library, what we need is to add some codes to the "gdbinit" file which support the wx's pretty printer.
Help / Re: Project - compiler changes do not cause debugger to change
« Last post by oBFusCATed on Today at 11:06:13 am »
Works fine for me at least on linux with the CB project.
I have two compilers which have different debugger's configurations selected (settings -> compiler -> [my compiler] -> toolchain executables -> debugger) and if I switch and then use debug -> start it print the correct configuration in the log.

What are the exact steps to reproduce this problem?
« Last post by gd_on on Today at 10:27:52 am »
Your .rpt file is similar to mine published in reply #11.
As you, I can say that the "official" nighly version published by killerbot works as it should. But, that quite normal, because the problem appears with last gcc compiler's version (after january/february 2021). As the nightly is compiled with gcc 8.1 (a 3 years old version), it is not concerned by this bug.
This bug appears only for windows and 64 bits compilers.
So, is it a gcc problem or a codeblocks one, that's not obvious : new gcc versions are more strict on pointers apparently. I tried to use the same approach than the one I have found for filent.c, but without success until now.
« Last post by AndrewCot on Today at 08:02:35 am »
If I comment out the "list->SortItems(SortTemplates, (wxIntPtr)0);" line then the wizard is shown. I have not done any testing on the wizard to see if it works or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10