Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
CodeBlocks Version 20.03
Debian version 11.5
gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110

Sorry, the forum system refused to accept my full post (and it still does) and so I cut a part of my post including the error messages.

Subset of build messages:
Build leads to 14 errors
||=== Build: Debug in Journal (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.a(sqlite3.o)||in function `fts5Bm25Function':|
(.text+0x718e7)||undefined reference to `log'|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.a(pthread_create.o)||in function `allocate_stack':|
./nptl/allocatestack.c|525|undefined reference to `_dl_stack_flags'|
/usr/bin/ld: ./nptl/allocatestack.c|647|undefined reference to `_dl_stack_flags'|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.a(elision-lock.o)||in function `do_set_elision_enable':|
./nptl/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86/elision-conf.c|66|undefined reference to `_dl_x86_cpu_features'|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.a(nptl-init.o)||in function `__pthread_initialize_minimal_internal':|
./nptl/nptl-init.c|335|undefined reference to `_dl_pagesize'|
/usr/bin/ld: ./nptl/nptl-init.c|344|undefined reference to `_dl_pagesize'|
/usr/bin/ld: ./nptl/nptl-init.c|360|undefined reference to `_dl_init_static_tls'|
/usr/bin/ld: ./nptl/nptl-init.c|362|undefined reference to `_dl_wait_lookup_done'|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.a(nptl-init.o)||in function `__pthread_get_minstack':|
./nptl/nptl-init.c|393|undefined reference to `_dl_pagesize'|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.a(dlopen.o)||in function `dlopen':|
(.text+0x5)||undefined reference to `__dlopen'|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.a(dlclose.o)||in function `dlclose':|
(.text+0x1)||undefined reference to `__dlclose'|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.a(dlsym.o)||in function `dlsym':|
(.text+0x5)||undefined reference to `__dlsym'|
/usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.a(dlerror.o)||in function `dlerror':|
(.text+0x1)||undefined reference to `__dlerror'|
||warning: creating DT_TEXTREL in a PIE|
||error: ld returned 1 exit status|
||=== Build failed: 14 error(s), 4 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 1 second(s)) ===|
Code::Blocks uses X:/folder/bin for the Compiler Paths.
The path needs to end with "bin" as the last folder name to work correctly in most cases.

Tim S.
Help / Cannot move or dock IDE (not program) windows
« Last post by peterbaldock on Yesterday at 08:02:41 pm »
I have been using CodeBlocks for nearly 3 years on Ubuntu 20.04, but now I am upgrading all our machines to Ubuntu 22.04, I am getting a consistent problem with some of the IDE windows:

1. If an IDE window is undocked, it cannot be moved or docked - only resized or closed.
2. It seems that any window that opens in the undocked state suffers from this problem, and also if a window is moved from docked to undocked.

System and version numbers:
Name             : Code::Blocks
Version          : 20.03-r11997
SDK Version      : 2.0.0
Scintilla Version: 3.7.5

wxWidgets Library (wxGTK port)
Version 3.0.5 (Unicode: wchar_t, debug level: 1),
compiled at Nov 25 2022 15:51:22

Runtime version of toolkit used is 3.24.
Compile-time GTK+ version is 3.24.33.

-Computer (typical)
Processor      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10105 CPU @ 3.70GHz
Memory      : 8005MB (3656MB used)
Machine Type      : Desktop
Operating System      : Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

g++ (Ubuntu 11.3.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.3.0

Am I missing something obvious? CB is brilliant, but this new behaviour is frustrating.

All the best,

Pete.

Hi,

I'm very surprize by these strange behavior of CB with two similar configurations of compiler : OW 2.0 version 32 and 64 bits

Explain : I want generate one version of my program with 32 bits version of OW 2.0 and with 64 bits version.
I configured normally directories of binaries and search include + lib for 32 bits version of OW2.0, and all is OK for compil + link.
I "copied" the configuration of OW 32 bits in CB and renamed it for 64 bits (only the directory ot binary change : C:\WATCOM\binnt64) : the new name of compiler is OpenWatcom (W64) Compiler.
When I want compil + link version 64 bits, the syntax for the linker is incorrect :
-------------- Clean: Release OW 64 in Lesson01 (compiler: OpenWatcom (W64) Compiler)---------------

Cleaned "Lesson01 - Release OW 64"

-------------- Build: Release OW 64 in Lesson01 (compiler: OpenWatcom (W64) Compiler)---------------

wcl386.exe -q -c  -dNDEBUG  -bcl=nt   -iC:\WATCOM\h\nt -iC:\WATCOM\h -fo=objOW64\Release\Lesson01.obj Lesson01.c
wrc.exe -q -r -fo=objOW64\Release\Lesson01.res -iC:\WATCOM\h\nt -iC:\WATCOM\h Lesson01.rc
wlink.exe option quiet system nt_win  LIBP  C:\WATCOM\lib386\nt;C:\WATCOM\lib386 objOW64\Release\Lesson01.obj name binOW64\Release\Lesson01.exe library glu32,opengl32,advapi32,comdlg32,gdi32,winmm  objOW64\Release\Lesson01.res
Error! E3033: directive error near 'objOW64\Release\Lesson01.obj'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 1 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 1 second(s))

For generate my program with 64 bits version of OW, the real syntax fot linker is :
wlink.exe option quiet debug all system nt_win  LIBP  C:\WATCOM\lib386\nt;C:\WATCOM\lib386 file objOW64\Release\Lesson01.obj name binOW64\Release\Lesson01.exe library glu32,opengl32,advapi32,comdlg32,gdi32,winmm  option resource=objOW64\Release\Lesson01.res.

Thank'you for your help, I don't understand why, therefore with 32 bits version of OW 2.0 it's OK.

Thierry D.

PS : You can test my configuration of CB here : https://github.com/tdechaize/Lesson01    (Lesson02, Lesson03 .... )

General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Welcome Newcomers - PLEASE READ!!!
« Last post by ThierryD on Yesterday at 05:01:18 pm »
I am here
There is a detailed setup procedure in the wiki, you can skip the installation of  clangd_client as it is now integrated in C::B.
Not quite a beginner but one is not supposed to know everything lol
Recently I opened ticket #1350 complaining of a bug with namespaces (an *actual* bug) with the default code completion plugin - which for me was widely enough if it weren't buggy.

I was pretty dismissed with the point that the stock CC is old, surpassed or kind of, that it's known to be buggy etc. and I was suggested to use the clangd CC plugin instead.
But I can't manage to enable it !

I am using latest NB (windows with mingw) but there I was said not to use the NB version of the plugin (?)

If I enable it, I see a sliding popup complaing that clangd client is inactive and to restart CB after setting the compiler and disabling the default CC plugin (which I have disabled already).
I tried every way without luck.

Perhaps I need the whole clang package installed for it to work ? What else ? Sorry I know I may sound stupid but I can't afford to spend hours googling around and trying to figure out how to enable it ! I know nothing of clang btw. Thx
Help / Re: Codebroks closes after pasting content
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 01:24:39 pm »
Go to Project -> Properties -> Targets tab, select your target in the left box and check "Pause when execution ends".
Help / Re: Codebroks closes after pasting content
« Last post by DanielQuevedo on Yesterday at 12:30:54 pm »
Hello!

The console closes!
This are warnings. The program should work?
Are the warnings what annoys you?

For this kind of errors a full build log would be helpful:
https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10