Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
"Anti virus scanner?
Other processor load?
a build log? (https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php/FAQ-Compiling_(general)#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F )"

Broken link on my end

Here's a build log

Set variable: PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files\dotnet;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\npm;C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient;A:\Apps\SocketeQ\windowsandroid_root\system\bin;A:\Apps\SocketeQ\windowsandroid_root\system\lib;C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\atom\bin;C:\Users\User\.dotnet\tools'

My two cents - It seems to be rebounding through a lot of C:drive paths, though I don't know why.  Shouldn't it just check a c++ compiler directory?
Help / Re: How to point Code:Blocks to your mingw gcc c compiler
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 03:01:59 pm »
You do not need to install a second compiler, just skip that step and continue with compiler configuration.
Help / Re: How to point Code:Blocks to your mingw gcc c compiler
« Last post by CCBDevExperimenter on Yesterday at 01:55:49 pm »
Thanks stahta01,

So we do a second Mingw install, in order to make it compatible with Code:Blocks?

Ok, I tried to download both the full tdm-gcc 64 bit, and the minimal version.  But they both  trigger a webroot trojan warning.

I'll take my time with this, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  Please close the ticket.

I look at workspace and it contains nothing.  Every file is by itself. 

I'm new to programming, so I'm not too familiar with setting up projects or what they look like.  I always just start a new file rather than a new project, since I was more interested in learning the language than the platform.  The platform of codeblocks just looked simple enough for my needs.
They used to take only 1 second or shorter, but ever since I compiled a 500 long file - mostly of comments and ~200 lines code, a lot of statements in main() - it's taken a consistent 6 seconds.  This adds up when I'm debugging with print tests.

Single source file project or more than one "C" or "C++" file?
If more than one, using an pre-compilied header might help.

If only one file, I would look to anti-virus or try defragging the harddrive (Note, that is if you are still using an normal hardrive; I am not sure if Solid State Harddrive is a good idea to defrag)

Tim S.
They used to take only 1 second or shorter, but ever since I compiled a 500+ line file - mostly of comments and ~200 lines code, a lot of statements in main() - it's taken a consistent 6 seconds.  This adds up when I'm debugging with print tests.

I'm using v20.03
Development / Re: remove the borland macro in our source files
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 04:34:53 am »
It is done in the trunk now.  ;)
Help / How to point Code:Blocks to your mingw gcc c compiler
« Last post by CCBDevExperimenter on Yesterday at 01:14:59 am »
Hi,

Sorry, I can't figure out how to point to an existing gcc.exe.  It doesn't seem to be bundled, and the installation (I think) didn't ask me for any paths.

In the Compiler Settings window, there's no tabs or subwindows that let you specify a path for the compiler.  And the Debug/Continue button is disabled.

The specific command line settings I want to use are

gcc -Wall -O2 -g thismodule.c thismodule.c -o thistarget

, but I'm totally clueless about how to configure Code:Blocks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10