Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: Welcome Newcomers - PLEASE READ!!!
« Last post by Daviger on Yesterday at 09:59:55 pm »
Hi, I am Daviger.
I am here,
and I am real.
Be glad you are real,
and not here. . .
Ta-Ta.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: Welcome Newcomers - PLEASE READ!!!
« Last post by rliegh on Yesterday at 07:03:40 pm »
For ages I've been trying to learn C/C++ to any practical extent (beyond hello world), and have been using codeblocks for maybe 5 or 6 years now off and on?

Anyway -hi.
Help / Re: FLUID and mouse selection
« Last post by AndrewCot on Yesterday at 07:47:42 am »
Looks like this bug has been around for 15 years as the following comment was done 15 years ago in app.cpp lines 1472 through 1480:

// for some reason a mouse up event doesn't make it into scintilla (scintilla bug)
        // therefore the workaround is not to directly call the editorManager, but
        // take a detour through an event
        // the bug is when the file has been offered to reload, no matter what answer you
        // give the mouse is in a selecting mode, adding/removing things to it's selection as you
        // move it around
        // so : idEditorManagerCheckFiles, EditorManager::OnCheckForModifiedFiles just exist for this workaround
        wxCommandEvent evt(wxEVT_COMMAND_MENU_SELECTED, idEditorManagerCheckFiles);

Hope this is of some use to someone who knows allot more about the code than I do.
« Last post by AndrewCot on Yesterday at 07:39:54 am »
I have spotted that when doing the following process on Windows:

1) Open Codeblocks
2) Open text file in codeblocks
3) Open the same text file in an external editor (on Windows notepad++ for example)
4) Both editors have to be seen on the screen
5) Modify the text in the external editor and save
6) Left mouse click in codeblocks.
7) The reload dialog appears, say reload yes
8) The wxScintilla code selects text based on the mouse movements.

The wxScintilla::OnMouseLeftUP(...) in wxScintilla.cpp is NOT called after you release the left mouse button in step 6 and as such the code thinks that you still have the left button pressed and therefore are wanting to select the text in step 8, EXCEPT as the file has been modified the file is reloaded and the text selection should not occur.

Sorry, but I am not familiar enough with the code at this point in time to figure out why or what to do next.

Help / Re: Debug Report "CodeBlocks"
« Last post by tinie on Yesterday at 07:30:28 am »
Hey Kamil, I have the same problem like you. Did you find the way to make that message not show up again???
« Last post by AndrewCot on Yesterday at 06:37:45 am »
One of my friends is having this issue with the SVN 12516 on Ubuntu 20.04.

I have been able to reproduce it (same process as bluehazzard post #5) on the following systems with the SVN 12529 trunk code locally built Code::Blocks:
1) Windows 10 with Notepad++ as the other editor
2) Xubuntu 20.04 with Mousepad as the other editor

I have no third party clipboard handlers installed on either OS.

Any ideas on where in the code I should start to look for the bug to help out? Even a keyword to search for at would be helpful or a directory to look at etc.
Help / Re: annoying first experience with codeblock
« Last post by sodev on September 17, 2021, 06:33:52 pm »
I don't see any problem here? Your program runs successfully, what else do you expect :o?
Help / Re: No such file or directory "error not input file" Build filed 2 errors
« Last post by stahta01 on September 17, 2021, 03:24:52 pm »
main.cpp is checked

Verify both compile and link of main.cpp is enabled.

Right click on main.cpp
options -> enable both

Tim S.
Help / annoying first experience with codeblock
« Last post by debi on September 17, 2021, 11:49:22 am »
hi guys,

i m so frustrating im using mac and codeblocks, i tried the simpliest exercice by opening a "hello world" thru my terminal but here is what i receive in return when i run the program.... if someone can help me it would be great.

Last login: Fri Sep 17 11:43:58 on ttys002
/Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/guitoo/Documents/Codeblocks/tagueule/bin/Debug/tagueule
[email protected] Pro ~ % /Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:. /Users/guitoo/Documents/Codeblocks/tagueule/bin/Debug/tagueule
Hello world!

Process returned 0 (0x0)   execution time : 0.284 s
Press ENTER to continue.
Help / Re: No such file or directory "error not input file" Build filed 2 errors
« Last post by Poruks on September 17, 2021, 10:26:04 am »
main.cpp is checked
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10