Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on Yesterday at 07:17:02 pm »
@pecan,

I observed an unexpected behavior (i would say a bug) using the latest nightly and latest plugin. I'm observing the issue using both win7 SP1 or Win10 Enterprise.

After I opened a project the plugin started to parse the files starting from "62 more" ....in the meantime I launch the related executable (compiled before). The parser stopped. During the stopping phase the parser is parsing some files without updating the remaining file counter (repeating "59 more")

After closing the executable, the parser didn't restarted, It stayed sleeping. I used the option "Reparse the project" but the new parser was not starting. I opened one of the project's file (Main.cpp) and the parser parsed the opened file (restarting the remaining file counter from 66, not 62!!!! ( the previous starting number)  but then stopped.

I closed Main.cpp and used several times "reparse the project" without success. I closed the project and the reopened it....the parser didn't start.

Then if I close CB and running a new CB loading the same projects used before I got the parser correctly parsing all files form 66 to 0.

I'm attaching the log from CB.

Hope this helps to reproduce the issue (It seems reproducible). I'm using 0 threads while compiling (and running?) and 6 threads concurrently parsing.

It seems there is some "memory" of the past parsing even if I delete the parser....

Max
@ MaxGaspa

I'm having a problem re-createing this situation.
Would you give the the exact steps (and which buttons to push) that causes this problem.

Thanks for testing.
Nightly builds / Re: The 01 October 2022 build (12932) is out.
« Last post by eckard_klotz on Yesterday at 03:49:25 pm »
Thanks for the quick reaction.

As I already mentioned it is not really an issue for me. Thus, I will wait for the next nightly.

Have a nice evening,
                              Eckard Klotz.
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Does Code::Blocks support multiple monitor editing?
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 03:01:32 pm »
In the function: void MainFrame::CreateIDE()

There are some code snippets like:

Code
    // editor manager
    m_LayoutManager.AddPane(m_pEdMan->GetNotebook(), wxAuiPaneInfo().Name("MainPane").
                            CentrePane());

So, this is the CentrePane, I think we can't make it float.

Edit:
It is a bit complex to construct the cbAuiNotebook, see the code below:

Code
EditorManager::EditorManager()
        : m_pNotebook(nullptr),
        m_pNotebookStackHead(new cbNotebookStack),
        m_pNotebookStackTail(m_pNotebookStackHead),
        m_nNotebookStackSize(0),
        m_isCheckingForExternallyModifiedFiles(false)
{
    m_pData = new EditorManagerInternalData(this);

m_pNotebook = new cbAuiNotebook(Manager::Get()->GetAppWindow(), ID_NBEditorManager, wxDefaultPosition, wxDefaultSize,
                                    wxAUI_NB_DEFAULT_STYLE | wxAUI_NB_WINDOWLIST_BUTTON | wxNO_FULL_REPAINT_ON_RESIZE | wxCLIP_CHILDREN);
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Does Code::Blocks support multiple monitor editing?
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 12:58:55 pm »
The main editor window seems to be anchored, but other windows (Management, Open Files List, Watches or Logs & others) can be moved to other monitor. I have not tried to save their positions, though.

Yes, the editor window(I guess it is wxAuiNotebook) is docked, and can't be floated. But even it can be floated, can we make two floated? We have add a new floating wxAuiNotebook window?

I'm going to check whether wx samples.

EDIT

I just checked the wxAui sample project.
In its menu: View->Notebook, a new floating notebook is created, I can maximize the new notebook in the second monitor, and I can drag the editor(panel) between the old and new wxNotebook.

EDIT2

I added the wxAui sample application screen shot.

The code in aui sample looks like simple:

Code
void MyFrame::OnCreateNotebook(wxCommandEvent& WXUNUSED(event))
{
    m_mgr.AddPane(CreateNotebook(), wxAuiPaneInfo().
                  Caption("Notebook").
                  Float().FloatingPosition(GetStartPosition()).
                  //FloatingSize(FromDIP(wxSize(300,200))).
                  CloseButton(true).MaximizeButton(true));
    m_mgr.Update();
}
The main editor window seems to be anchored, but other windows (Management, Open Files List, Watches or Logs & others) can be moved to other monitor. I have not tried to save their positions, though.
Using Code::Blocks / Does Code::Blocks support multiple monitor editing?
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 12:17:39 pm »
I see some old thread here: multi-monitor editing

But is it possible currently.

Maybe, we can drag the wxAuiNotebook to another monitor?
Or a floating editor window in another monitor?
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 09:55:18 am »
The OpenFilesList plugin had a typo (missing extension in "fileread-only.png") that prevented image loading. Precisely this morning I was implementing SVG icons in the plugin and detected the problem, it is now fixed in trunk (see r12956).
« Last post by eckard_klotz on Yesterday at 08:14:42 am »
Hello Developers.

Great to see the ongoing work on Code::Blocks.

However I have some doubts with the  icons used for write-protected files in the "open file list".
  • In my nightly download they will be shown as red squares with black frames.
  • But in the project tree they are still shown as normal file-symbols with a lock-symbol inside.

This is not really an issue for me.
  • However, I like to ask you if this is a property of the nightly or may be an issue between my ears.
    • I'm taking about the nightly:  01 October 2022 build (12932)
    • I have downloaded all three provided 7z-Files and copied their content into the same bin-folder.
    • I use it on a WIN 10 laptop as well as on a Win 10 desktop computer.
  • To be honest I like the old icons based on normal file-symbols but with a lock-symbol inside more.
    • This is a very personal view and as already mentioned if you have a different view, I will accept your decision.
  • But I have more the impression that "open file list" has just problems to access the icon-definition and is using a default-icon instead.

Best regards,
                    Eckard Klotz.
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 05:48:35 am »
I created a patch which can show the "doxygen comments".

I think it again, and I think using the original text from the hover message is good enough. I think we don't need to "cut the chaff".

wxString hoverString = contentsValue;

Just show this, and I tested this method, and it works fine.
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 03:36:18 am »
I did some extra test of how to show the comments.

Here is the log file from CBclangd_client-xxxxx.log:

Code

15:07:41.524 >>> readJson() len:240:
{"id":"textDocument/hover","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":{"contents":{"kind":"plaintext","value":"variable m_TcpFile\n\nType: int\nTCP鎺ユ敹鐨勬暟鎹甛n\nint m_TcpFile"},"range":{"end":{"character":13,"line":1},"start":{"character":4,"line":1}}}}

The log file shows the wrong Chinese words.

Code
 int\nTCP鎺ユ敹鐨勬暟鎹甛n\n

The following patch solves this issue:

Code
 clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp b/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
index c4a7729..76d19ca 100644
--- a/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
+++ b/clangd_client/src/LSPclient/client.cpp
@@ -1020,7 +1020,7 @@ bool ProcessLanguageClient::readJson(json &json)
     m_MutexInputBufGuard.Unlock();

if (stdStrInputbuf.size())
-        writeClientLog(wxString::Format(">>> readJson() len:%d:\n%s", length, stdStrInputbuf.c_str()) );
+        writeClientLog(wxString::Format(">>> readJson() len:%d:\n%s", length, GetwxUTF8Str(stdStrInputbuf.c_str()).wx_str()) );

// remove any invalid utf8 chars
     bool validData = DoValidateUTF8data(stdStrInputbuf);
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10