Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
...where I commented the OnIdle(..) from the GDB/MI as I thought the code was not needed, but the "event.Skip();" was as it causes compilation issues. Go figure!!!!

That's caught me a couple of times also.

wxWidgets ends processing any event if there is no Skip() called. Events are pass on to other users only when a call to Skip() is done.

It's especially important to issue a call to Skip() from within an OnIdle() event. Else plugins (etal) will never receive their OnIdle event hooked onto async I/O etc.
Help / Re: Can't find attiny441 in linux Code::Blocks avr toolchain
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 08:56:52 pm »
In options_avr-gcc.xml the ATtiny40 has two entries, the first with uppercase and the second with lowercase, is this correct?

Both generate the same flag,
Code
-mmcu=attiny40
The DAP debugger can debug itself, so long as you use different network ports. I just finished testing this.

If you are one of the people who have cloned the https://github.com/acotty/CB_Debugger_DAP_Plugin repo then please pull the changes as I fixed a nasty issue in the code today where I commented the OnIdle(..) from the GDB/MI as I thought the code was non needed, but the event.Skip(); was as it causes compilation issues. Go figure!!!!

« Last post by BlueHazzard on July 03, 2022, 10:37:15 pm »
So i found out, that the wizard list is not stored in the script but in the dialogue itself.

I was wondering, is someone is using the fuse bits, because i think i will remove them... I think they make more confusion and complicate things rater than helping
« Last post by moricef on July 03, 2022, 01:15:07 pm »
The list is onyl for convenience, you always can add the mcu flag by hand in the compiler options of the project....

About your problem in linux, how do you have installed codeblocks? Some kind of installations can lead to codeblocks being installed as sudo so you can not modify the file by non sudo user

BUT NOTHING in the processors list
What list are you talking about? The list in the new project wizard, or the list in the compiler settings?
How do you install codeblocks on windows? The different installation methods lead to different search paths for the files...

PS. i till try to update the list

Ok and hanks for your reply.
I've insalled Code::Blocks from Debian repositery with apt. So yes the permissions must be set to the user. Now it's ok with the copy of the wizard script under the user space.

I talk about the new project wizard but with your simple reply, now I understand : I must change the flag compiler in the compiler options of my project.

Many thanks for update the wizard list
Thanks. I have updated the readme.md

I got side tracked onto the debugger detection on startup and it has taken allot longer than I expected and have not got to using the plugin to debug itself.
CODE::BLOCKS DAP DEBUGGER PLUGIN
Description

This GitHub repo contains the source code for a Code::Blocks DAP debugger plugin. The debugger is NOT able to debug itself and is a NOT viable replacement for the existing GDB plugin at this point in time.
in the read me. I was asking this, because an earlier version of codeblocks had the same problem. You could not debug codeblocks running gdb. I think this was because some fancy PID detection. But it was fixed some time....
>The debugger is NOT able to debug itself
I am quite curios why this is so? What is the problem? Network port collision?
I have not got that far yet as it's part of the following dot point, but I will be giving it a go later today:
  • Use in anger to fix C::B issue(s) on MacOS. In other words use it in the real world.
Can you let me know where I put the info that it cannot debug itself or inferred this so I can correct it or try to correct it.

I will need to use two different network ports for the DAP debugger, one for the "master" C::B to use to debug the C::B debuggee and then another one for the C::B debuggee to debug a hello world app.
Great work!
Nice list of features you have there!

>The debugger is NOT able to debug itself
I am quite curios why this is so? What is the problem? Network port collision?
« Last post by BlueHazzard on July 03, 2022, 02:03:06 am »
The list is onyl for convenience, you always can add the mcu flag by hand in the compiler options of the project....

About your problem in linux, how do you have installed codeblocks? Some kind of installations can lead to codeblocks being installed as sudo so you can not modify the file by non sudo user

BUT NOTHING in the processors list
What list are you talking about? The list in the new project wizard, or the list in the compiler settings?
How do you install codeblocks on windows? The different installation methods lead to different search paths for the files...

PS. i till try to update the list
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10