Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
hello guys. So I have managed to get codeblocks for Catalina. and I have opened the app to view the hello world default code. The thing is that I had also typed in on my terminal gcc -v and installed the components activated by this code. The problem is that when I build and run the terminal thingy pops up but I dont see anything written "hello world" to show that it has printed. I then downloaded Xcode as well but nothing has changed. Please can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to fix it.

Plugins development / Re: a Qt plugin : AddOnForQt
« Last post by LETARTARE on June 11, 2022, 04:57:46 pm »
v-3.4.8
  - update 'images' and documentation 'doxygen'
Plugins development / Re: a Qt plugin : AddOnForQt
« Last post by LETARTARE on June 11, 2022, 12:16:25 pm »
New version 'AddOnForQt-3.4.8' : https://github.com/LETARTARE/CB_AddonForQt
   - adding for the localisation

Development / Re: C::B Github Actions build information
« Last post by ollydbg on June 10, 2022, 02:56:46 pm »
Now, the msys2 project is ready for wx 3.7Base Package: mingw-w64-wxWidgets3.1 - MSYS2 Packages

That's Tim's work, great!
I am new, I am here!!
Dear Newcomers,
please make a "I am new, I am here" post by replying to this thread so we know you are a human being.
This will make is easier for us to differ valuable members from SPAM bots whose number is growing, unfortunately.
The Code::Blocks team.
Here I am! I love C::B!
Using Code::Blocks / Re: wxWidgets 3.1.7 is available
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on June 07, 2022, 06:19:33 pm »
I didn't actively follow the discussion on the 3.1.6, but I think that one was not usable for CB, or were all problems fixed in the mean time ?

If possible, we could try to step up to 3.1.7 and as such catch up again ? What do you think ?

wx3.1.6 was perfectly usable, and I expect wx3.1.7 to be usable too without changes,

The only gotcha may be the change to the PCRE2 regular expression library in wx3.1.6, but many regexes were adapted before wx3.1.6 release and some of us have been using wx3.1.6 without problems so far.
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: Welcome Newcomers - PLEASE READ!!!
« Last post by kep1er07 on June 07, 2022, 08:12:42 am »
I am new, I'm here
« Last post by AndrewCot on June 07, 2022, 05:46:49 am »
The wxWidget 3.1.7 changes to the wxPropertyGridPageState class has caused the cbSystemView build to now fail.
The changed file is include\wx\propgrid\propgridpagestate.h and is caused by the following changes as per the following changes.txt file entry:

Code
3.1.7: (released 2022-06-06) ---------------------------- INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES SINCE 3.1.6: - wxPropertyGridPageState funtions intended for internal use are no longer public. Corresponding functions in wxPropertyGridInterface, wxPropertyGrid, wxPropertyGridPage, and wxPropertyGridManager should be used instead.
« Last post by AndrewCot on June 07, 2022, 05:35:04 am »
Looks like there is an issue with wxWidget 3.1.7 compared to 3.1.6 in that BlueHazzard's cbSystemView plugin (https://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=22207.0 for info) failes to build with the error below on 3.1.7, but is okay with 3.1.6:
Code
D:\Andrew_Development\Work_Installers\CodeBLocks_Private_Experimental\src\plugins\contrib-wip\cbSystemView\src\cbSVWindow.cpp: In constructor 'cbSVWindow::cbSVWindow(wxWindow*)':
D:\Andrew_Development\Work_Installers\CodeBLocks_Private_Experimental\src\plugins\contrib-wip\cbSystemView\src\cbSVWindow.cpp:194:36: error: 'void wxPropertyGridPageState::SetColumnCount(int)' is protected within this context
  194 |     m_pg_first_page->SetColumnCount(4);
      |     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~
In file included from D:\Andrew_Development\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.1.7_win64\include/wx/propgrid/propgridiface.h:19,
                 from D:\Andrew_Development\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.1.7_win64\include/wx/propgrid/propgrid.h:23,
                 from D:\Andrew_Development\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.1.7_win64\include/wx/propgrid/manager.h:18,
                 from .\include/cbSVWindow.h:32,
                 from D:\Andrew_Development\Work_Installers\CodeBLocks_Private_Experimental\src\plugins\contrib-wip\cbSystemView\src\cbSVWindow.cpp:19:
D:\Andrew_Development\Libraries\wxWidgets-3.1.7_win64\include/wx/propgrid/propgridpagestate.h:586:10: note: declared protected here
  586 |     void SetColumnCount(int colCount);
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))
I have not looked into the error above.

The following is the list of plugin's I build and they all loaded without any errors on C::B startup:
  • abbreviations.dll
  • astyle.dll
  • autosave.dll
  • AutoVersioning.dll
  • BrowseTracker.dll
  • byogames.dll
  • cbBuildTools.dll
  • cbDiff.dll
  • cbInno.dll
  • cbMarkdown.dll
  • cbMemoryView.dll
  • cbNSIS.dll