Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I have several global variable configuration set, for example : default, set_1, set_2, ...
When I open codeblocks, look at Global Variables... I see, for example that set_1 is Active, the one selected in the scroll-down menu.
I do some work with that set_1, then choose the set_2, clic on the Save button at the bottom, do some work with set_2, always inside codeblocks. Then I close codeblocks.
When I reopen codeblocks, and look at the global variable config, I see it's still set_1 which is selected.
How to make codeblocks to keep my set_2 config as the active set after a restart. I can modify default.conf manually, of course.
I thought that the Save button at the bottom of the global variable configuration display box was for that purpose, but it's not the case apparently.
Contributions to C::B / Re: macOS Variant
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 11:09:19 am »
Spam reported to moderator.
Contributions to C::B / Re: macOS Variant
« Last post by undergofanfare on Today at 09:44:45 am »
Maybe we can just use lldb-mi
but how to use lldb-mi in this case?
Help / Re: c++
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Today at 09:14:24 am »
The only response in the lower box is "checking the existence of............".

Was the check successful?. You have not posted the build log, so we do not know if compilation failed, running is failing or the program runs but does not work as intended.

I have also programmed thousand of lines in 6502, 68000, Z80 and small microcontrollers, and I learnt to use the tool's logs whenever something failed.
« Last post by nenin on Today at 07:40:39 am »
OK, try it like this:
1. Open C::B
2. Create new project (something like "console application")
2.1. Select C++
2.2 Finalize creation
3. Open "main.cpp"
4. CopyPaste your code in "main.cpp"
5. Save everything, just in case
6. Build the project
7. Run
« Last post by david4775 on Today at 06:10:42 am »
Dear Miguel. Thank you for replying to my query on the forum.
I realise your role is to help with more complex problems, but I seek to offer a report.
I have written thousands of lines of source code in Basic, and in Z80 and 6809 Assemly language, but this foray into C++ with Codeblocks has got me baffled.
I have studied the information that you kindly made available.
The only response in the lower box is "checking the existence of............".   
When I can get the Command line to appear, It will not accept any input.
It is regrettable that this simplest source code program does not work  on Codeblocks  (It works perfectly on an Online C++ Compiler). I am assuming that "build and run" means "compile and execute"
If I cannot get a simplest routine to work on Codeblocks, then I am lost.
Today`s beginner can be  tomorrow`s dedicated user, but it is not working at the simplest level.
David.
Nightly builds / Re: The 20 May 2024 build (13521) is out.
« Last post by nenin on Yesterday at 01:02:20 pm »
False positives are a plague, specially with libraries. If any malware uses a library, some AV vendors will flag all software using said library as a virus.

I use UPX for packing the executables in my company's web page: Recently they are being flagged as virus even if some of them have not changed in the last ten years. This is because some malware uses UPX, not because UPX itself is infected.
Week ago I built some lib with CMake. CMake compile some small codes to verify access to C functions like v*printf. So, one of these small exe (5 line of code) was catch by AV as the threat and exterminated.   :-X  However, CMake was happy and library was built finally. 10 year ago some most paranoid AV attacked gdb.  Now more or less normal AVs have problems with very plain code just because compiler differs from their expectations.
Nightly builds / Re: The 20 May 2024 build (13521) is out.
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on Yesterday at 12:49:53 pm »
False positives are a plague, specially with libraries. If any malware uses a library, some AV vendors will flag all software using said library as a virus.

I use UPX for packing the executables in my company's web page: Recently they are being flagged as virus even if some of them have not changed in the last ten years. This is because some malware uses UPX, not because UPX itself is infected.
Nightly builds / Virused or not ? The 20 May 2024 build (13521) is out.
« Last post by ThierryD on Yesterday at 12:13:27 pm »
Thank's for your comments and responses.

After search on Net about this "false or true" malware  "Gen:Variant.Barys.459296", I download MalwareBytes yesterday and run it (tempory test of tool).
Result : PUP detected on my two computers.
I decide to suppress all files detected with this tool. I rerun and no alert appear ... Good!

Today, I download (with Firefox) last nightly (20 may), and result is the same : download blocked another time with same alert.  It's annoying!
I conserve version 13518 (05 may) of CB to continue "my work" (current test : integrate last version of OneAPI Intel C/C++ compiler into IDE, it's work !).

Thank's.

Thierry D.
Development / new feature of wxSmith in r13522
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 08:51:38 am »
[r13522]

Some new feature is added.

If no ID field is set, the generated code will use "wxID_ANY".

Another good feature is the "Use Items array" option. If this option is set, the wxChoice will use an array like below:

Code
    const wxString Choice_choices[] = {
    _("AAA"),
    _("BBB"),
    };
    Choice = new wxChoice(Panel, wxID_ANY, wxDefaultPosition, wxSize(280,-1), 2, Choice_choices, 0, wxDefaultValidator);

instead of the statement like:

Code
    Choice = new wxChoice(Panel, ID_CHOICE10, wxDefaultPosition, wxSize(280,-1), 0, 0, 0, wxDefaultValidator, _T("ID_CHOICE10"));
    Choice->Append(_("AAA"));
    Choice->Append(_("BBB"));

So, the array can be used by other code.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10