Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by christo on Today at 07:13:13 pm »
BTW: Can you show the CPU usage reduction before/after applying this patch? Thanks.
@ollydbg Attaching perf output without and with the optimisation. perf is captured until full codeblocks project is parsed.
« Last post by Pecan on Today at 05:58:51 am »
Hi Pecan,

compile_commands.json is read and parsed every time a file is opened. This uses a lot of CPU, especially during the initial parsing of all files, where
 compile_commands.json is read and parsed as many times as the number of files in the project. Attached patch does some optimisation for this.
1. Save the parsed compile_commands.json until the first batch parsing is completed, cleared after that.
2. After initial batch processing, all the filesnames are stored in a vector, and only if the filename is not present in this vector, compile commands is parsed. This helps to avoid parsing of the compile_commands.json after editing and saving of the file.

Thanks, Christo

Thanks, I'll have a look and do some testing.
« Last post by ollydbg on Today at 04:05:12 am »
I see you have made several contribution to C::B. Either in this thread or in the compiler log parsing acceleration (High CPU usage during build operation when verbose is enabled)

Great job. But it is a bit hard for me to understand the patch's logic currently.

BTW: Can you show the CPU usage reduction before/after applying this patch? Thanks.
« Last post by christo on Yesterday at 11:41:29 am »
Hi Pecan,

compile_commands.json is read and parsed every time a file is opened. This uses a lot of CPU, especially during the initial parsing of all files, where
 compile_commands.json is read and parsed as many times as the number of files in the project. Attached patch does some optimisation for this.
1. Save the parsed compile_commands.json until the first batch parsing is completed, cleared after that.
2. After initial batch processing, all the filesnames are stored in a vector, and only if the filename is not present in this vector, compile commands is parsed. This helps to avoid parsing of the compile_commands.json after editing and saving of the file.

Thanks, Christo
Nightly builds / Re: The 14 June 2024 build (13529) is out. Browse Tracker ?
« Last post by Pecan on June 19, 2024, 06:43:43 pm »
Hi Tim,

Sorry, OK, I will do this test.
I update first to  recent nightly (svn 13529). Symptom is same, very very slow...
I disable first plugin "Browse Tracker" of your recommandation ... and problem disapear ... IDE Interface become "normally quick" (like before upgrade).
What are change with this plugin ?

Thank's.

Thierry D.

Fixed (I think) rev 13530.

@ThierryD
Could you test rev 13530 to see if it solves the problem.
And let us know your experience.
I you're not compiling the source, wait for the next nightly and let ud know how the changes work for you.

Thanks
Using Code::Blocks / Re: Strange crash
« Last post by nenin on June 18, 2024, 12:30:37 pm »
Plugins development / Re: cbvike -- A VIM like plugin
« Last post by Miguel Gimenez on June 18, 2024, 09:54:20 am »
Future spam added to radar.
Nightly builds / Re: The 14 June 2024 build (13529) is out.
« Last post by Pecan on June 18, 2024, 07:13:46 am »
After the changes in r13526 GetMaxEntries() is called many times, even from OnUpdateUI, and it is a CPU-hungry method.

Thanks, I'll investigate.
Plugins development / Re: cbvike -- A VIM like plugin
« Last post by MK on June 17, 2024, 10:02:11 pm »
Hi I really appreciate the work you are doing but is there any versions that could run with Debian I tried to follow the instruction in the GitHub page but it didn't work with me.

Thanks
General (but related to Code::Blocks) / Re: Welcome Newcomers - PLEASE READ!!!
« Last post by Onsemeliot on June 17, 2024, 09:22:20 pm »
I am not sure if this is still necessary, but since it is mentioned somewhere as a request to all users I do it too: I think I am human. (To my knowledge nobody so far challenged that claim.) :o
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10