Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Plugins development / Re: Code completion using LSP and clangd
« Last post by Pecan on Today at 06:10:46 pm »

I prefer Pecan's method "I can change it to a small right pointing arrow that fits inside any other marker".

Commit HEAD 13521:
Clangd_client warning margin marker changed to a small right pointing marker.
Spam reported to moderator.
« Last post by ollydbg on Today at 12:03:28 am »
meaningful workflow during editing/debugging should be the guide to visual appearance.

@ollydbg: What is your take on this? For how long do both markers compete for the spot in your projects? Do either markers last that long that it really matters?

I prefer Pecan's method "I can change it to a small right pointing arrow that fits inside any other marker".

I use C::B for my daily work, and some of the clangd_client warnings come from third part library's source code, so those warnings will last for a long time.

Thanks.
« Last post by blauzahn on Yesterday at 09:26:51 pm »
meaningful workflow during editing/debugging should be the guide to visual appearance.

@ollydbg: What is your take on this? For how long do both markers compete for the spot in your projects? Do either markers last that long that it really matters?
« Last post by Pecan on Yesterday at 06:59:09 pm »
When debugging, the current PC (program counter) marker is covered by the clangd_client marker.

Fixed HEAD 13520
The clangd warning/error margin markers are remove when the debugger starts up.

Hi, pecan, thanks for the fix.
When I'm not debugging, I try to set some breakpoints, and I see the clangd's marker still covers the breakpoint's marker.
So, I think we still need to find a way to show both of the above mentioned markers.

EDIT:
Maybe, make the clangd_client's marker a big smaller?

I can change it to a small right pointing arrow that fits inside any other marker, or I can code an option to turn off all clangd_client marker.

Which is preferred ?
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 02:22:45 pm »
@Pecan: Thank you.

@ollydbg: Maybe it is bit of motivation to change the code for good, so that clangd does not show markers anymore -- at least if it is your own code you are free to change. The smaller a marker is, the harder it is to hit it with the mouse. Alternatively one might consider toggling the markers somehow.

Maybe a combination marker for the "breakpoint" and "clangd_client".  ;)
« Last post by blauzahn on Yesterday at 07:09:21 am »
@Pecan: Thank you.

@ollydbg: Maybe it is bit of motivation to change the code for good, so that clangd does not show markers anymore -- at least if it is your own code you are free to change. The smaller a marker is, the harder it is to hit it with the mouse. Alternatively one might consider toggling the markers somehow.
« Last post by ollydbg on Yesterday at 02:40:07 am »
When debugging, the current PC (program counter) marker is covered by the clangd_client marker.

Fixed HEAD 13520

Hi, pecan, thanks for the fix.
When I'm not debugging, I try to set some breakpoints, and I see the clangd's marker still covers the breakpoint's marker.
So, I think we still need to find a way to show both of the above mentioned markers.

EDIT:
Maybe, make the clangd_client's marker a big smaller?
« Last post by Pecan on May 13, 2024, 08:57:11 pm »

Fixed HEAD 13520
« Last post by blauzahn on May 13, 2024, 04:12:48 pm »
svn13517:  - Clangd_client include "sdk.h" needed for lspdiagresultslog.cpp no matter what clangd says

FYI: The warning can be suppressed by issueing a pragma:

Code
#include <cmath> // IWYU pragma: keep

That reduces clutter in the clangd_client's LSP messages box in Code::Blocks. OTOH, in general, it makes sense to go the extra mile and remove unneded #include pretty much wherever you can.

In cases like these, cmath is needed to provide M_PI which clangd does not see.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10