Author Topic: The 09 June 2008 build (5093) is out.  (Read 39985 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 09 June 2008 build (5093) is out.
« on: June 09, 2008, 08:41:58 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx287.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10_gcc421.7z

The 09 June 2008 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20080609_rev5093_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed: Possible crash when an open file is deleted from disk and C::B is asked to remove it from project tree
  • added HeaderFixup plugin with subsequent fixes
  • Editor: fix pasting in block select mode (thanks to SiegeLord)
  • Fixed: [Bug #13982] Undocked (floating) windows can cause GTK-Critical on linux (Using [Patch #2490])
  • Applied: [Patch #2480] Speedup update-script on linux

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
Re: The 09 June 2008 build (5093) is out.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 09:22:08 pm »
Ubuntu 7.04 to 8.04 Amd64 tar.gz archive (containing '.deb' installers builds with wx287) can be found here.
The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 10:15:35 pm »
A source tar-ball (usable on linux and windows) and binaries for debian (32 and 64 bit) are available on my server.

Offline pasgui

• Almost regular
    • LGP
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 10:48:26 pm »
Build for Ubuntu i386/amd64 can be found here

Best regards, pasgui

Offline starofrainnight

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 06:48:30 pm »
i meetting an strange problem!

using the menu File->Open to open the file at D:\sb\sdks\wxWidgets\src\common\string.cpp. codeblocks shows nothing!  :shock:

it did the same even i copy the string.cpp as test_string.cpp in the same folder !

and it show the other cpp files correctly at the meantime except that file :o

it show correctly in the Notepad++.

is anyone confirm this?

i attached that file and the screenshot here.

-------------

WinXP sp2
codeblocks build (5093)

-------------

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 07:04:07 pm »
I have no problems opening these files, neither string.cpp from wxWidgets-sources, nor you file, execpt of extra linebreaks in your attachement.

The show as "ISO-8859-1"-encoded.

It might be an encoding-problem, that could lead to strange behaviour, if C::B can not recognize the encoding correctly.

Offline starofrainnight

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 07:51:11 pm »
thanks jens :)

i don't know if there an encoding-problem, but i try to convert it to UTF-8 with BOM using notepad++, and codeblocks can't show it still ...

then i redownload an wxWidget zip package, and open the same string.cpp in the package, but the same result.... that mean whether the redownload one or the one i have, can't show correctly the same  :(

but codeblock open other cpp files correctly -_-! that confuse me T_T

Offline starofrainnight

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 08:17:35 pm »
i found the murderer!

i check it line by line ( -_-b ), and found the line 1592 cause that problem :

the bad one :
// isspace('?) in the C locale which seems to be broken to me, but we have to

the good one :
// isspace('') in the C locale which seems to be broken to me, but we have to

when i change the char "?" to any other chars, then codeblocks open it correctly.... :shock:

Offline starofrainnight

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 08:22:57 pm »
i felt confuse that : notepad++ also using Scintilla, why it havn't happened that problem and codeblocks does?

i should go to sleep now, that problem make me all night jump up and down  8)

Offline XayC

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 10:28:01 pm »
It looks like it's an encoding problem, what is the encoding type you see in the Code::Blocks status bar?
And the character is giving you problems is not a question mark, but a lowercase e-circumflex (which is this character 'ê', or you can see it here: e-circumflex).

Seems that CB is having problems detecting the file as a ISO-8859-1 encoded text file, which is strange because CB 8.02 on WinXP is working correctly.

Offline starofrainnight

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 11:05:50 pm »
It looks like it's an encoding problem, what is the encoding type you see in the Code::Blocks status bar?
And the character is giving you problems is not a question mark, but a lowercase e-circumflex (which is this character 'ê', or you can see it here: e-circumflex).

Seems that CB is having problems detecting the file as a ISO-8859-1 encoded text file, which is strange because CB 8.02 on WinXP is working correctly.

Bingo!! You are right! when i set the "general settings"->"Default encoding when opening files" to "ISO-8859-1", then codeblocks could recognize the file correctly with no modified!!! :lol:

if i havn't set it, the wrong file encoding at status bar is "WINDOWS-936"

But, another problem happened, i always set it to "UTF-8", if i set it to "ISO-8859-1", then all my UTF-8 files will changed ... and i need UTF-8 encoding -_-,  :shock: going crazy ....

Offline XayC

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 11:17:20 pm »
You can leave the Default encoding when opening files to the default value or the value you need to open your files and change the encoding of the string.cpp file. It can be done using the menu Edit->"File Encoding" selecting another encoding (for example UTF-8) and then saving the file again (make sure you have a backup copy when you try different encodings).

If CB still fails to detect the right encoding for the string.cpp file then try another version of CB or try saving the file with different encodings (you may enable Unicode BOM in the "File Enconding" menu, but it could give you problems on Linux).

Offline starofrainnight

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 11:36:50 pm »
You can leave the Default encoding when opening files to the default value or the value you need to open your files and change the encoding of the string.cpp file. It can be done using the menu Edit->"File Encoding" selecting another encoding (for example UTF-8) and then saving the file again (make sure you have a backup copy when you try different encodings).

If CB still fails to detect the right encoding for the string.cpp file then try another version of CB or try saving the file with different encodings (you may enable Unicode BOM in the "File Enconding" menu, but it could give you problems on Linux).

Thanks very much!!! when i convert it to UTF-8, the problem gones!   :lol:

life seems sweet ^_^!

Hopefully one day codeblocks could recognize it automaticly  :P

Offline troels

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 05:26:22 pm »
Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:
  • toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

I think I'm seeing this in an app of mine now. Which ticket is it? http://trac.wxwidgets.org

Thanks
Troels

Offline k1mgy

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 02:17:09 am »
The following isn't just with 5093 but many builds before:

On the Code::Blocks "Start here" page the "Recent Projects" item often displays the last workspace opened.  But sometimes it doesn't appear on the page.  I don't know what makes it come and go.

Ideally, "Start here" might list the last workspace opened or perhaps a history of these.

Also, in Settings.. Environment.. General Settings, there's options for "Open default workspace" and "open blank workspace" on start-up.  Might be nice to see "Open last workspace" as another option.

/m