Author Topic: Too few elements in symbol browser  (Read 3242 times)

Offline jomabrueloe

• Multiple posting newcomer
Too few elements in symbol browser
« on: September 05, 2006, 10:51:21 am »
Hi,

I've got a problem with the symbols browser. I have to work on a project with a very special design, which results in a large (huge  :shock:) number of as well variables and functions (>5000) as of preprocessor defines (same order of magnitude)!! Though the default setting for "number of symbols" in the symbol browser is >16000 I can only see a part of the symbols and defines. Increasing the number of symbols (even to 100.000) seems to be without any effect for my project (though I could not check for each single entry :lol:). How can this behaviour be explained - and is it a bug:?:

Greetings

Jo

By the way: in one of the last nightly releases there seemed to be more elements visible, but far away from all!

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Too few elements in symbol browser
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:10:00 pm »
First, the max elements count is not for the symbols browser but for the code-completion list.
The symbols browser displays all "local" symbols (explained below) based on its current filter: "all workspace symbols", "active project's symbols" and "current file's symbols".

Local symbols are considered those that have been discovered in any file residing under any open project's base path.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...