Author Topic: Capturing a target file's output  (Read 3787 times)

Offline chikigai

• Multiple posting newcomer
Capturing a target file's output
« on: August 01, 2006, 03:24:27 am »
Hello,

I use a Unit Test Framework Library called "CUnit" with one of my projects.
I have editted the library to output test results in GCC style compile warning/error format.

By executing the target file using "Post-build steps" of Build Options, the test results are displayed in the Build Log Message Pane.
However, test warnings/errors are not carried over to the Build Messages Pane since Compilation has already ended.

Is is currently possible to get the warnings/errors of a target file's output carried over to the Build Messages Pane?
If not, would it be best to create a Plugin with seperate Menu Options, Message Panes, etc. to capture such output?
I guess this makes more sense since a target files output does not necessarily have anything to do with the Build Process.
[Development Environment]
IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly Build SVN Rev.6080 wxWidgets: 2.8.10 Windows Unicode Build SVN: 1.6.x

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Capturing a target file's output
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:51:46 am »
By executing the target file using "Post-build steps" of Build Options, the test results are displayed in the Build Log Message Pane.
However, test warnings/errors are not carried over to the Build Messages Pane since Compilation has already ended.

This is not the reason. Pre/post build steps are filtered by the build messages pane too. Most probably the format doesn't match. To test this, go to your compiler's advanced global settings and add a new simple regex that would certainly catch your messages (like * maybe?).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline chikigai

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Capturing a target file's output
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:53 am »
Thanks a bunch for the quick response!

As you pointed out, the format was incorrect - missed a colen after the line number....... :(
Works perfectly now!

Completely forgot about the Output Parser settings.
Now I know where to fiddle with to capture specific output formats!

Cheers,
Dan
[Development Environment]
IDE: Code::Blocks Nightly Build SVN Rev.6080 wxWidgets: 2.8.10 Windows Unicode Build SVN: 1.6.x