Author Topic: Building Code::Blocks  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Denis

• Multiple posting newcomer
Building Code::Blocks
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:39:10 pm »
I trying to build C::B like it said in "build" text file. I opened CodeBlocks.cbp but C::B asked me to fill global variable "wx":

Code
Warning
-------------
At least one global variable is used but not yet defined.
Please define it now...

What I have to define in this variable?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Building Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 04:46:54 pm »
point it to the install dir of you wx sources : example : "D:\projects\wxWidgets-2.6.2"
same when you build the plug-ins of cb it will ask for CB global var : D:\projects\CodeBlocks\src

Offline Denis

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 05:18:49 pm »
Thanks. I did but I got compiler messages:
Code
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\platform.h:190: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\chkconf.h:84: #error "wxUSE_DYNLIB_CLASS must be defined."
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\chkconf.h:92: #error "wxUSE_EXCEPTIONS must be defined."
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\chkconf.h:100: #error "wxUSE_FILESYSTEM must be defined."
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\chkconf.h:113: #error "wxUSE_DYNAMIC_LOADER must be defined."
and so on...

PS: Last C::B sources from SVN, mingw 3.4.2 and wxWidgets 2.6.3

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 07:08:19 pm »
Did your wxWidgets build produce the directory <wxwidgets>\lib\gcc_dll\mswu? If not, you'll need to change the directories in the C::B project build options to match what you have.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:06:14 pm »
Thanks. I did but I got compiler messages:
Code
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\platform.h:190: wx/setup.h: No such file or directory
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\chkconf.h:84: #error "wxUSE_DYNLIB_CLASS must be defined."
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\chkconf.h:92: #error "wxUSE_EXCEPTIONS must be defined."
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\chkconf.h:100: #error "wxUSE_FILESYSTEM must be defined."
C:\wxWidgets\include\wx\chkconf.h:113: #error "wxUSE_DYNAMIC_LOADER must be defined."
and so on...

PS: Last C::B sources from SVN, mingw 3.4.2 and wxWidgets 2.6.3

I've also noticed that of late, global variables don't work. I had to go back and define $(wx) etc in my projects options. It used to work just fine.

I haven't changed wx and cb in months. And they're still defined correctly.
But...

I was thinking at the time that I might have a conf corruption and that "someday" I'd delete the conf and start over again. Someday....

That trick used to work everytime.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 10:07:52 pm by Pecan »