Author Topic: [OffTopic] wxWidgets project file?  (Read 4436 times)

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
[OffTopic] wxWidgets project file?
« on: April 04, 2006, 06:27:42 pm »
Sorry, I found no misc-like group for that.

I try to compile wxWidget-2.6.3 with C::B under Win98se (ansi).

There is no concret description of the project-structure in INSTALL-MSW.txt. There are only descriptions about other-IDE-project files, make, configure and things like that.
I have to build my wxWidget-C::B-project file by trial-and-error.

C::B is using wxWidget. Does anyone can send my a project-file (win-ansi if possible) for that? Tthanks a lot!

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: [OffTopic] wxWidgets project file?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 06:30:44 pm »
You should compile wxWidgets using the makefile or MSYS instead of Code::Blocks.

Information about how to compile it using the makefile can be found in the forums, and the wiki too IIRC.

Offline MoonKid

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 06:41:00 pm »
You should compile wxWidgets using the makefile or MSYS instead of Code::Blocks.

I understand what you mean. It could by a way. But I do not want to hack on commandline to compile something. ;)
Sure I will do this if it is the last selection/posibility(?)!

But how does the C::B developer build there wxWidgets? Does not they use C::B for that?
I will build it with C::B and add the project-file to the wxWidgets-package.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 07:08:45 pm »
But how does the C::B developer build there wxWidgets? Does not they use C::B for that?
Look at this thread: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=1701.0

Specifically, read the section "Compile wxWidgets in Unicode mode" (or farther down, ANSI, if you want that). If you don't want a DLL, set SHARED to 0, and if you don't want a monolithic build, set MONOLITHIC to 0, likewise. In either case, you get a working wxWidgets build by following those instructions (and no "hacking" required). All Code::Blocks developers do it that way.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."