Author Topic: Can split windows be disabled.  (Read 1851 times)

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Can split windows be disabled.
« on: August 30, 2024, 06:13:36 pm »
when working with two huge projects in the same workspace, when I switch to the second project, do a search, then double click on some of the results, the windows open in a split window hidden behind the current source window.

The windows and tabs are hidden behind the first with only a thin line to left indicating that there are windows behind.

I completely miss this condition every time. It so confusing to me.
Is there a way to disable split windows?

TIA
« Last Edit: August 31, 2024, 06:43:11 am by Pecan »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Can split windows be disabled.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2024, 11:44:58 am »
Sorry, I really don't understand you steps.

What do you mean by a "hidden tab", is it a tab(editor) already opened, but not active?
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Can split windows be disabled.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2024, 01:26:08 am »
I mean that I have already a bunch of open files with the tabs at the top of the window.

I active the second project in the workspace.

In the active editor window, I right click on (for example) a symbol  (say) "Dap_stackId" and ask for references. The reference then show in the Search results tab.

I then double click on a line in the Search results tab and the file opens in a split window behind the window I clicked and searched in.

There's a fine vertical line in the far left of my source window (called the splitter line, I guess) in the editor window that indicates that the window has split. But I hardly ever see it. (old eyes).  All the files now open in the split-ed window (with it's own tabs) behind my original source window.

Very confusing to me.     

I just want to disable the splitting windows ability if possible. I never use it. So it's no loss to me.

When I have time, I'll see if I can re-create the problem and debug it. But for now the DAP debugger development is all I can handle.

Turning split windows off would be a big help for now.

This does not always happen. But I do know that it happens when there are a lot of files open from both projects at the same time. It never happens when I'm working in only one project.

BTH, I'm working with the latest committed version of CB.
I don't think it has anything to do with a recent commit though.

Thanks.