Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

MiniDoc

<< < (12/14) > >>

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: danselmi on February 24, 2015, 11:43:42 pm ---What problems?

--- End quote ---
Unfortunately I don't remember the details. :(
I should see if I can give it a try at work, because there I'm using two editors side by side all the time.

--- Quote from: danselmi on February 24, 2015, 11:43:42 pm ---Reasons? I am not in hurry. But I can't take anything out of statements like this!

--- End quote ---
I want to be careful. I'd rather prefer if there are several nightlies featuring it, so it can be tested a bit more.

BlueHazzard:
Hi!
I tested this plugin today and it performed really bad.. Is this only for me or also for other users? I remember that in the past this was not the case.... I suspect the wxScintilla update here?

oBFusCATed:
No idea, I'm not using this plugin.

Krice:
Downloaded from github to check out the source code. It's quite bad if I'm being honest. The code doesn't have any helpful comments like you would expect from a decent source code and there are commented out parts of code without any explanation (=comment). In any case, the C::B project file doesn't even work, because it requires some kind of special compiler or something it's complaining when you open the project. If you want other people to contribute, you really need to write better comments and clean up the source code before you stuff it to github or release it. You don't have to be a professional programmer to figure this out, just think about it for a while. Just give your brains some time to think.

stahta01:

--- Quote from: Krice on September 24, 2019, 09:23:07 am ---Downloaded from github to check out the source code. It's quite bad if I'm being honest. The code doesn't have any helpful comments like you would expect from a decent source code and there are commented out parts of code without any explanation (=comment). In any case, the C::B project file doesn't even work, because it requires some kind of special compiler or something it's complaining when you open the project. If you want other people to contribute, you really need to write better comments and clean up the source code before you stuff it to github or release it. You don't have to be a professional programmer to figure this out, just think about it for a while. Just give your brains some time to think.

--- End quote ---

Your comment is useless; have you built Code::Blocks from source, before?

Edit: Your comment can almost be summed up by "the project is not newbie friendly".
It fails to mention
The OS used to build
The WX version used to build
The CB version used to build
And, it does not contain any error messages!
Edit2: It also fails to mention compiler version.

Tim S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version