Author Topic: The 16 June 2013 build (9158) is out.  (Read 228197 times)

Offline Folco

• Regular
    • Folco's blog (68k lover)
Re: The 16 June 2013 build (9158) is out.
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2013, 09:45:43 pm »
What a noob, didn't see that... But... wxwidgets 2.8.12 is needed, Debian provides only 2.8.10 on squeeze ><

Nevertheless, thank you.
Kernel Extremist - PedroM power ©

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2013, 09:55:21 pm »
Why do you use squeeze (oldstable) ?

You can use wxWidgets from apt.wxwidgets.org, if you don't want to (or you cannot for whatever reason) update your distro.
See http://wiki.wxpython.org/InstallingOnUbuntuOrDebian for details. Packages for squeeze are available.

Offline Folco

• Regular
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2013, 10:00:14 pm »
I use squeeze because I can virtualize it without any problem : https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Guest_OSes
I got some troubles with Wheezy, not supporting shared folder, which is a bit embarrassing...
Thanks for your link, I didn't know this page, I'll give a try tomorrow.

Thanks for your responses !

Offline Folco

• Regular
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »
Thanks Jens, it perfectly works ! :)

Yemeni Cpluspluser

« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2013, 07:12:15 pm »
This is my first software night-build version to download ever,  ::) I hope that I face no more auto-completion bugs.

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2013, 08:40:14 am »
I have noticed a couple of issues with svn9232 on my Windows XP PC and I would like to ask if anyone else has noticed the same behavior.

When I attempt to open a recently opened project, the entire IDE freezes and I suspect it has something to do with the parser. It runs on the background as soon as you load the project, am I right? Please do by all means correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, another issue is that when the IDE crashes, it does not produce any report file as it used to, at least on Windows XP.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 10:05:36 am by ToApolytoXaos »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2013, 10:40:25 am »
I have noticed a couple of issues with svn9232 on my Windows XP PC and I would like to ask if anyone else has noticed the same behavior.

When I attempt to open a recently opened project, the entire IDE freezes and I suspect it has something to do with the parser. It runs on the background as soon as you load the project, am I right? Please do by all means correct me if I'm wrong!
I encountered the hang problem from time to time, but it is hard to reproduce. Do you have steps to reproduce this bug?

Also, another issue is that when the IDE crashes, it does not produce any report file as it used to, at least on Windows XP.
It should be "codeblocks.RPT" in the same folder of codeblocks.exe.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2013, 12:01:59 pm »
I encountered the hang problem from time to time, but it is hard to reproduce. Do you have steps to reproduce this bug?
As you have stated yourself, it hangs from time to time, but I have noticed that it usually hangs when I start Code::Blocks for the first time while attempting to load a recent project.

It should be "codeblocks.RPT" in the same folder of codeblocks.exe.

I'm afraid there is no such thing; that's why I have mentioned it here. It just shuts down without warning or whatsoever; and the funny thing is that I don't know how to reproduce it so I can check it with GDB :/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 12:05:25 pm by ToApolytoXaos »

Offline White-Tiger

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2013, 02:04:58 pm »
"from time to time" is relative :P My CB hangs every time when I start it up and try to close one of my opened projects..
This happens while code completion is parsing stuff.. and that needs a few seconds. When I wait for them, it won't hang.

So with a high speed PC (SSD, fast CPU), it's very unlikely to get CB to hang^^

The only way to fix it seems for me to improve the multi threading stuff.. better locks and more checks for the project existence.. or better... add a reference count to things like projects so that they can be removed from within codeblocks but some plugins may still use them until they remove their reference and it gets deleted^^
I'm not sure if it's about badly placed locks.. that's just what my first look suggested xD It's also possible that a wxWidgets call freezes... as that's what I see. (called from code completion)

@ToApolytoXaos
when you are self compiling CB and using Windows... make sure you are compiling exchndl.dll as well... or get a copy and put it into CB root.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 02:08:38 pm by White-Tiger »
Windoze 8.1 x86_64 16GiB RAM, wxWidgets-2.8x (latest,trunk), MinGW-builds (latest, posix-threads)
Code::Blocks (x86 , latest , selection length patch , build option fixes/additions , toggle comments)

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2013, 02:33:59 pm »
"from time to time" is relative :P My CB hangs every time when I start it up and try to close one of my opened projects..
This happens while code completion is parsing stuff.. and that needs a few seconds. When I wait for them, it won't hang.

So with a high speed PC (SSD, fast CPU), it's very unlikely to get CB to hang^^
Speed for sure is totally irrelevant, because the issue *could* be probably the focus from Projects' Workspace while switching to editor. I can see the highlighting line getting disappeared and then the toolbar menus become white as a crashing indicator.

The only way to fix it seems for me to improve the multi threading stuff.. better locks and more checks for the project existence.. or better... add a reference count to things like projects so that they can be removed from within codeblocks but some plugins may still use them until they remove their reference and it gets deleted^^
That could be a solution, but for now I lack the knowledge about threads and I cannot take place, nor can I answer to something like that.

@ToApolytoXaos
when you are self compiling CB and using Windows... make sure you are compiling exchndl.dll as well... or get a copy and put it into CB root.
I have been doing so for the past 7 years, therefore I think I have it covered ;) Thanks for your suggestions though.

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2013, 04:53:50 pm »
@ToApolytoXaos
@White-Tiger: You have raised an interesting point here mate. I remember exchndl.dll being copied into output from devel folder with execution of update.bat file, but as it seems such thing is not happening anymore.

The so-called dynamic library can be seen in src/ directory and after copied it in devel and ran update.bat, it could re-copied it in output. I don't remember doing such thing in the past...Probably I have forgot such procedure if I have done it only once.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:39:24 am by ToApolytoXaos »

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2013, 09:21:08 am »
Sorry, but I will disappoint you now. I am on Windows at work with svn-9138 and the issue remains the same.

It seems this issue still exists with array brackets this time. If you create an array, but without a type, right bracket remains highlighted for some reason waiting for a matching left bracket arr[] and if you try to create another array next to it barr[], as you move the line it matches the right bracket only.

As you can see, this issue happens when you have forgotten to add an array type for some reason.

Is it an issue or a normal behavior when a variable type is missing?

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »
Is it an issue or a normal behavior when a variable type is missing?
It is *supposed* to be a feature; the highlight represents the location your cursor will jump to if you press tab.

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2013, 07:40:46 pm »
By the way, what's this new case with creating new files in a project?

I get a "Mixed Line Endings" popup balloon window; I haven't touched anything in my line endings.

This issue is with svn9423, GNU / Linux Debian testing (32-bit), GCC 4.8.1 fully updated.

P.S.: I have compiled wxMSW-2.8.12 with TDM's GCC 4.8.1 in just 2 hours today (very peculiar I would say...), but I could not finish with C::B compilation and I had to cancel it at 300-minute, 31-second :S

Too many freaking warnings while compiling the project :(

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2013, 07:50:46 pm »
I get a "Mixed Line Endings" popup balloon window; I haven't touched anything in my line endings.
The files you've opened have both windows and linux line endings in them. This is just a warning.

Too many freaking warnings while compiling the project :(
Search the forum for the proper -fno- blabla option to disable them. Probably you can fine them in the topics for mingw 4.8 or tdm 4.8.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]