Author Topic: The 16 June 2013 build (9158) is out.  (Read 228192 times)

ToApolytoXaos

Re: The 16 June 2013 build (9158) is out.
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2013, 07:54:34 pm »
The files you've opened have both windows and linux line endings in them. This is just a warning.
OK, but the files have been created under Debian as I have been doing for ages and never had any similar issue. Oh well...

Search the forum for the proper -fno- blabla option to disable them. Probably you can fine them in the topics for mingw 4.8 or tdm 4.8.
I have done so with wxMSW compilation procedure and still would get warning messages periodically; with C::B workspace though, where shall I add the specific flag to disable all these warnings?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2013, 08:08:01 pm »
Project or compiler level...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2013, 01:05:44 am »
It might be best to add the flags to the global variable cb_release_type.

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2013, 03:02:50 am »
I added the "-Wno-unused-local-typedefs" to the Compiler Global "other options".

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2013, 07:39:30 am »
It might be best to add the flags to the global variable cb_release_type.
It seems your way is indeed very convenient next to -g. Thank you both @stahta01 and @Alpha; currently compiling it and I hope it will finish sooner than 300 minutes without my interruption LOL!

Offline White-Tiger

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2013, 02:37:21 pm »
my CB build currently has "-w" set :P It just took ages otherwise.... (and as I'm not a CB dev, and not gonna fix ya bugs, I don't care about warnings :P)
Windoze 8.1 x86_64 16GiB RAM, wxWidgets-2.8x (latest,trunk), MinGW-builds (latest, posix-threads)
Code::Blocks (x86 , latest , selection length patch , build option fixes/additions , toggle comments)

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2013, 03:15:15 pm »
my CB build currently has "-w" set :P It just took ages otherwise.... (and as I'm not a CB dev, and not gonna fix ya bugs, I don't care about warnings :P)
I think my build has a few more flags than yours ;)
-ansi -Wall -Wextra -Wmissing-include-dirs -Wunreachable-code -Winline -Wundef -Wcast-align -Wredundant-decls -Winit-self -Wshadow -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Werror=return-type

Offline White-Tiger

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2013, 03:40:14 pm »
You're on Linux right? Well.. in my Windoze machine it takes 20-40 minutes to compile CB and it's contrib items.
If I had warnings enabled, it would take more then 3 hours because of that warning spam I get... (and the fact that Windoze is slow as hell... especially in terms of console output^^)
As I'm always using the latest GCC, I was probably one of the first ones who have seen all these numerous warnings. It all started with GCC 4.8.. before that, the warnings were few and not really important. (I don't know how much impact they had...)

Anyway.. none the less it would be nice to see you guys not ignoring these warnings and instead fixing them ;) Actually they all have their reasons and it's way easier once you've got rid of them. As then, every warning will be a single one caused by recent changes and is easy to see and fix.
Windoze 8.1 x86_64 16GiB RAM, wxWidgets-2.8x (latest,trunk), MinGW-builds (latest, posix-threads)
Code::Blocks (x86 , latest , selection length patch , build option fixes/additions , toggle comments)

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2013, 06:01:34 pm »
You're on Linux right? Well.. in my Windoze machine it takes 20-40 minutes to compile CB and it's contrib items.
If I had warnings enabled, it would take more then 3 hours because of that warning spam I get... (and the fact that Windoze is slow as hell... especially in terms of console output^^)
As I'm always using the latest GCC, I was probably one of the first ones who have seen all these numerous warnings. It all started with GCC 4.8.. before that, the warnings were few and not really important. (I don't know how much impact they had...)

Anyway.. none the less it would be nice to see you guys not ignoring these warnings and instead fixing them ;) Actually they all have their reasons and it's way easier once you've got rid of them. As then, every warning will be a single one caused by recent changes and is easy to see and fix.

I suggest you do this at the wxWidgets team and see the results.

You do realize the cause of the warning is them or can you NOT read!

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org