Author Topic: WON'T DO ANYTHING  (Read 5830 times)

elldarr

WON'T DO ANYTHING
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:45:12 pm »
Please help me . I reinstalled it for 6 times , and always the same problem . I opet the programme , i go to create new project , console application, choose C for programming , i enter the file name , and choose folder , i click finish and i get codeblocks.exe has encoutered a problem   and it shuts down ...
here is error signature AppName: codeblocks.exe    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.3085    Offset: 00030ee5  
adn this file inculded in error report Temp\389c_appcompat.txt  

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: WON'T DO ANYTHING
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:26:35 am »
Platform, version???

Although his looks like a broken msvcrt DLL (or it's dependencies) to me, try to remove the configuration settings (*.conf files), (depending on your platform/OS) most likely in %APPDATA%\codeblocks.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

elldarr

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 09:34:21 pm »
i removed mkheaders.conf , that was the only conf file i could find in install tools , i cant find appdata ,i use windows XP   it still wont work ,i'll try to restart

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 10:41:09 pm »
Appdata is c:\program files\you username\application data
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 10:50:52 pm »
Appdata is c:\program files\you username\application data
That's not correct, It must be documents and settings instead of program files, and it might be named different, if you use a non-english XP.

Open a console and type cd %APPDATA%\codeblocks, delete or rename default.conf and try to start C::B again.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 11:09:40 pm »
Uf, yes sorry that I've tried to mislead you... Don't know what I was thinking/writing
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]