Author Topic: How do I profile a c::b plugin?  (Read 2785 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
How do I profile a c::b plugin?
« on: October 07, 2009, 11:43:09 am »
Hello everybody,

I don't know how to attack this problem: a c::b plugin is a shared library, right? So how can I profile just that plugin? Do I have to set up a small test project serving as environment for the plugin, or how do I do it?

Many thanks for any help, regards

nausea
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: How do I profile a c::b plugin?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 02:01:21 pm »
I think, oprofile on linux could do it, but it needs lots of reading and trying.
When I tried, I've failed to output something that can help me.

gprof, is not meant to profile apps and sharedlibs togather, unfortunately...  :(
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
Re: How do I profile a c::b plugin?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:27:14 pm »
So it seems as if I would have to set up a minimal app, putting the code of the plugin into it, and fake (so to say) the plugins execution that way ...

Is this how you developers do it ( :? I'm not including myself as developer, I'm just a beginner  :? ), when you profile a library, or how ... ???

Greetings from Asturias

nausea
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100