Author Topic: RAD TOOL developers wanted  (Read 72647 times)

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
Re: RAD TOOL developers wanted
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2005, 07:47:42 pm »
(wxSmith is not yet included into automake build :()

This is because you 're adding/removing files all the time :)
Seriously, I can (and probably will) add it in the build system but are you willing to add/remove files to/from the build when you change the project? I.e. you will have to keep it in sync with the project files...

mandrav, is it possible to add wxSmith to the automake build and if any changes of the files in the project , we can do manual modification on the wxSmith portion in the automake build script ?

At the moment , I still could not run wxSmith on my Ubuntu , if there is a wxSmith built in , I can help to try out the wxSmith and help to find out bugs on wxSmith on GTK.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2005, 07:52:44 pm »
mandrav, is it possible to add wxSmith to the automake build and if any changes of the files in the project , we can do manual modification on the wxSmith portion in the automake build script ?

That's what I asked ;)
Should I add this to the build? I guess the answer is yes then :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2005, 11:15:58 pm »
Well, I 've added it in the build. wxSmith builds when configure runs with --enable-contrib.
I got to tell you: it works SWEET :D

Btw, a minor bug I noticed is that in the generated header you add all #includes for widgets inside a #ifndef WX_PRECOMP block. This doesn't work for me (not in windows, not in linux) and compile fails.
This check is not needed anyway, because if the precompiled header has been used, files belonging in it will not be used whether you guard them or not.
In case it's not clear, take your tutorial, add a wxTreeCtrl and try to compile :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...