Author Topic: CB debugging questions  (Read 5216 times)

grv575

CB debugging questions
« on: September 04, 2005, 11:54:52 pm »
- Is wxUSE_STACKWALKER (in wxWidgets msw\setup.h file) used to generate the codeblocks.RPT stack traces, or how are these generated?

- How far does CodeBlocks compilation with the Visual C++ compiler get?  Is it something that could be ported with only a few changes?  Reason I ask is that the wxUSE_MEMORY_TRACING define is ignored for mingw compilation :\ So the automatic wxWidgets leak detection cannot be used if the application is compiled with mingw gcc.  MPatrol reports tons of double frees in wxString but I think these are bogus (from googling.  something maybe with how new and delete are overloaded and mpatrols detection routines..).  Would like further checks of course, and wxWidgets internal memory checking routines would probably be preferred.  Will test under valgrind later as well but this changes variables somewhat as it will be instrumenting wxWidgets GTK code instead of the MSW version.

- I compiled a DEBUG=1 version of wxWidgets.  Do I need to recompile CodeBlocks as well (and #define __WXDEBUG__), or can I just set some environment variable to get wxWidgets debugging info?