Author Topic: Is there any plan to release a new version?  (Read 8150 times)

Offline huzhongshan

• Multiple posting newcomer
Is there any plan to release a new version?
« on: June 05, 2024, 02:08:52 am »
Is there any plan to release a new version officially?

Offline rechtsanwaltsteyer

Re: Is there any plan to release a new version?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2024, 01:49:05 pm »
Hi, why is nobody of the devs answering to this question?! Do they want to move us to another IDE??
Greatings
Georg Michael Steyer, Rechtsanwalt

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2024, 07:21:53 pm »
Hi, why is nobody of the devs answering to this question?! Do they want to move us to another IDE??

They want you to use the Nightly builds and give feedback and if you use Code Completion try the Clang Code Completion because that was the major holdup on a new release and it might still be the holdup.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2024, 01:18:53 pm »
Thank you Tim, but I use Kubuntu and the nightly builds are a bit of a problem. So I've since said goodbye to CB, even though I translated the entire IDe into German. Now I use KDevelop and Qt-Creator. What a pity about CB!
Greatings

Offline Alatar

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 07:21:08 am »

They want you to use the Nightly builds and give feedback and if you use Code Completion try the Clang Code Completion because that was the major holdup on a new release and it might still be the holdup.

Tim S.

Is there a Nightly builds? Long time ago there was Ubuntu PPA with Nightly, but now I can't find any. Unfortunately, I can't use Gentoo or CLD on my work PC, where it so easy to build latest commit on every update - on Ubuntu it is much more painful, so I still stick with 20.03 =(.

Offline Miguel Gimenez

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 11:12:38 am »
You can find a PPA for various Ubuntu versions in this post. This is the next-to-last nightly.

Offline Evan

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2024, 11:18:18 am »

Tim S.

Mostly a happy CodeBlocks user although there some quirks, I would love get rid of.

I had a briefly look on Nightly builds, but it's way over my head, so I'll really hope for newer version for Linux Mint.

Offline cdavalillo

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2024, 02:52:43 am »
I'm waiting for this new version of Code::Blocks for a while now...I hope the developers team take in count that there is a group of faithful users that love this IDE.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2024, 06:24:07 am »
I'm waiting for this new version of Code::Blocks for a while now...I hope the developers team take in count that there is a group of faithful users that love this IDE.

The developers have already agreed to make another release soon.

Offline Evan

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2024, 02:34:31 pm »

The developers have already agreed to make another release soon.

I did not know and I'm very pleased.

I tried to find an alternative, but failed, because Code::Blocks is the IDE I like.

Offline blauzahn

• Almost regular
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2024, 09:09:22 pm »
@rechtsanwaltsteyer: 

Sorry for the late answer.

I always compile cb-trunk myself very frequently on Ubuntu, arch and, from time to time, on Pi-Os as well. The trick is, that I also use wxwidgets-trunk. At least in the past, the wxwidgets that came with Ubuntu was outdated. Building wx is even easier than cb. I install wx in /opt so that it can coexist with the one that comes with the distro and on which other installed packages may rely on. For cb and wx I use simple makefiles. The make targets for cb, wx (and other programs) are identical. Chained in the shell, a full rebuild is triggered with one single command (re-call) via Ctrl-r. Instead of a ppa I install both on Ubuntu as debian packages via checkinstall. Simpler to use than ppa.

I posted the relevant contents of the makefiles a long time ago in this forum. If you want, I could pm the relevant makefile parts to you.

With the recently added clangd-client I started to use code-completion again. The old one I had switched off for years.

Independent from that client, I also use clang-tidy directly from cb as an added "compiler". Like with usual compiler warnings, clicking onto one warning jumps to its code location.

btw: Thank you for the german translation.

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2024, 02:12:27 pm »
Hello Blauzahn, my Email-adresse is info@rechtsanwaltsteyer.de I attach the latest german translation.
Regards
Greatings