Author Topic: RAD TOOL developers wanted  (Read 72623 times)

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
RAD TOOL developers wanted
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2005, 09:32:55 am »
Hi everyone.
I don't know How I've missed this topic :/ must read more :).
As I see few programmers are working on RAD tool (I work toom see http://www.codeblocks.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=249).
Will it be a competition or cooperation ?
What do You think ?  :wink:

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2005, 10:21:53 am »
I don't know if it is a competition or coopreation. Hopefully those RAD tools are dirffrent from each other, so very one can choose it own RAD tool.
On the other hand I am hoping that they look the same, so we can merge them and join forces, so we get one good RAD tool.

When looking to the design of C::B I think that the RAD tool should be a plugin. almost everything is a plugin, even the compiler :)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2005, 05:27:21 pm »
Heh, just can't wait to see all those plugins :). Can't wait to write my first wxApp with C::B using RAD (even if it won't be mine  :D ). So let's back to work :)
There are some widgets to write ;)

thedeurf

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2005, 12:15:20 pm »
Hi !

I wanted to tell you the status of my project :
The Widget creation, manipulation and edition system is now completed ! i'll code the event handling system next...

Some project specifications and advantages :
my designer is easy to update with the new versions of wxWidgets. for all widgets, a simple modification in a text file and only in one source file is needed to add a property or an event. So any coder will be able to modify it easily ! 8)

So lets back to work !!!

C U Later guys !  :wink:

PS : I'll give you a link for a screenshot later...

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2005, 01:02:54 pm »
Hello,
If You want to see My plugin working, it's currently in current codeblock's CVS tree: codedeblocks/src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith.

thedeurf: Waiting for Your screenshoot :D

thedeurf

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2005, 03:25:37 pm »
hummmmm your project seems to be easier to integrate as mine.... I think i took a wrong way...  :x  
But if you want I help you to code your RAD tool, contact me on my mail address. I'll be happy to become a wxSmith developper  :mrgreen:

rob

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2005, 03:48:08 pm »
Hey thedurf, good to hear that you are joining the RAD developers. I am just following the list, and if I understood things propperly, the code byo is working on, is based on work form upcase (who has no time anymore). Byo also abandonned his first own attempt for a RAD tool. I think this is just how Open Source works. Great, not ???

thedeurf

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2005, 03:50:07 pm »
I'm agree.... when we're not alone we are strong !!!!  :mrgreen:

upCASE

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2005, 04:04:40 pm »
Hi!
Quote from: rob
I am just following the list, and if I understood things propperly, the code byo is working on, is based on work form upcase (who has no time anymore).

Errmm... Well, actually I am still working on the code and I do have time (just not that much..). The way I got it is that byo is working on a wxFormBuilder plugin, while my project is a standalone. Currently I'm the only one developing it, but I plan to contribute it...

BTW: Maybe there will be an update for you to play with later on. :D

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2005, 06:19:17 pm »
Quote from: rob
Byo also abandonned his first own attempt for a RAD tool.

Hmm, didn't said that. Still working on my first RAD tool, started developing it after I've found C::B. Hmm, maybe missed something or said something stupid  :wink: .  Heh, must read this forum again :wink:. Maybe it will be better for me to abandon my code, maybe there will be ability to do both :D (that would be great)

Hmm, upCase's work looks very nice and I hope that there will be a plugin in future allowing to bind it to C::B :).

One other think I wanna say: i'm happy that there are peples like upCase - because other people can choose their favorite tools without any restrictions. People should choose what they like, not what they can afford :).

And that's other great thing in Open Source :D

rob

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2005, 06:55:39 pm »
Ohhh !  It looks I didn't got it propperly, how the differnt RAD tools are related. Sorry for that and my missleading post, and I hope I have offended nobody, but thanks for clarifying, and I hope everyone of you RAD developers benefits somehow from the projects of the others.

thedeurf

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2005, 07:03:35 pm »
It didn't hurt anybody I think !  :wink:

I will join the byo's project at this time. it will be easier to make a good plugin together. 8)

jahurtado

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2005, 07:37:39 pm »
Quote from: upCASE
The way I got it is that byo is working on a wxFormBuilder plugin

Anybody is working on a wxFormBuilder plugin?

wxFormBuilder is in active development, a new developer join to me and soon there will be a new development version. If anybody considers wxFormBuilder as a codeblocks RAD plugin, please contact me, I would like to know about problems, pieces of code to rewrite, etc.

Regards,

Jose Antonio.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2005, 12:17:44 am »
Quote from: byo
Hmm, upCase's work looks very nice and I hope that there will be a plugin in future allowing to bind it to C::B :).

Uh... weren't you actually working on it? :? NOW I'm confused.

upCASE

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2005, 08:40:20 am »
Hi!
Quote from: rickg22

Uh... weren't you actually working on it? :? NOW I'm confused.

:lol:
Ok,just  to clearify: Currently I'm the only one developing my GUI editor. I'm making quite good progress right now and added some new features (because I feel that having these features currently is more work than implementing new widgets). Once I got something that really works for others, I'd be happy to contribute the code or parts of it, so thta others can join in and make a plugin out of it. So far it's still a standalone app. The app will, however, use a mime plugin at first for C::B. Maybe I'll add support for different types of project files so that one can choose either to use the plugin, or work with the editor and export C::B (maybe Dev-C++ and VC++) project files.

I have to fix some minor things and review parts of it. I'll post an updated version later this day for you to review and comment on.