Author Topic: Help with cross platform project  (Read 3806 times)

Offline gReaen

• Multiple posting newcomer
Help with cross platform project
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:45:18 am »
Hello,
I have built a project which has few dialogs using Code::Blocks nightly build 4893 on Windows XP(SP 2) and MinGW 5.1 compiler. Must say, using wxSmith has been easy after trying to find a user friendly GUI builder.
       But now my problem is, I want the project to be cross platform. I have installed CB on Ubuntu but I'll have to make few changes in the build options settings for my windows project to run there i guess. But how do i run the same project on a system which does not have CB? Do i need to have CB installed to run them?  :?
       Any help would be much appreciated...

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
Re: Help with cross platform project
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:11:54 pm »
The best way is to create 2 projects, one for ubuntu (in your case) and other for windows. In that way you could compile for the same source for the different platforms using different configurations. Also check these useful links:

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,7978.0.html
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Cross_Compiling_wxWidgets_Applications_on_Linux

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 11:19:45 pm »
you can manually merge them into 1 cbp also, and specify the platform, then on win only the windows ones build, and on linux on the the linux ones ;-)

Offline afb

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 08:52:09 am »
And on mac the Mac OS X ones... ;-)

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 04:46:14 pm »
And on mac the Mac OS X ones... ;-)

I haven't used an apple computer since I was on high school. wow almost 8 years hehe :shock:.

Offline gReaen

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 05:27:35 pm »
Hey,
Thank you for your suggestions. I actually didn't want to build separate projects on all platforms. Thanks anyways for replying...