Author Topic: Having Problems with Release build options and doxygen. Please correct me  (Read 4684 times)

Offline neo1691

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hey folks  ;D
I am working on a win32 console project (using C) that during runtimes depends on two .txt files.
Also i have configured my project with autoversioning and changelog.

But when choose the build target as release and compile the project, only the .exe file is generated and it never works as the .txt files are never there in it.
I have tried using the dependency option in project>properties>build options and have added the text files and also the path to both additional output files and external dependencies files, but still no effect.
So how can i do that such that i get a release folder contain a complete distributable package which i can distribute directly to my friends.

And i ran the doxywizard and gave all the necessary details regarding the path of the source code and logo, and when it completed it just gave me a blank html file containing just the name of my project and the link to doxygen!!
How to make them work!!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Having Problems with Release build options and doxygen. Please correct me
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 12:23:48 pm »
How to make them work!!
Wrong project setup: Adjust the path, where the application shall be executed in: Project settings -> execution folder.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline neo1691

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 12:34:31 pm »
How to make them work!!
Wrong project setup: Adjust the path, where the application shall be executed in: Project settings -> execution folder.

okay i almost got it!!
i am supposed to select the folder that i want and then manually add other files that are needed in that folder..

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 03:01:30 pm »
i am supposed to select the folder that i want and then manually add other files that are needed in that folder..
This folder is the one, where your application starts up (not necessarily where it is in!). So, if you application cannot find a file because it's not in the folder where the application is startup, this option is there to adjust the startup-folder. It's often used, if you application resources are not in the folder, where you compile your application into. If you you use relative path's in your apps, the resources wouldn't be found then.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"

Offline neo1691

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 03:56:10 pm »
This folder is the one, where your application starts up (not necessarily where it is in!). So, if you application cannot find a file because it's not in the folder where the application is startup, this option is there to adjust the startup-folder. It's often used, if you application resources are not in the folder, where you compile your application into. If you you use relative path's in your apps, the resources wouldn't be found then.

Okay gotcha!!

but one more thing popped up!!! Its about the changelog..
When i click write changeLog, it just appends in the text file in the same line without going to the next line.. it looks very ugly!!

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 05:37:21 pm »
When i click write changeLog, it just appends in the text file in the same line without going to the next line.. it looks very ugly!!
Code::Blocks does not write a changelog, so I don't know what you mean. If you mean your code that writes the changelog I cannot help (how could I without code?! ???). Notice that this is not a forum for general programming issues.

Offline neo1691

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 06:05:06 pm »
Code::Blocks does not write a changelog, so I don't know what you mean. If you mean your code that writes the changelog I cannot help (how could I without code?! ???). Notice that this is not a forum for general programming issues.

no no.... i am taking about project>changes log..... sorry for not being clear.....!

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 06:22:21 pm »

no no.... i am taking about project>changes log..... sorry for not being clear.....!
This is done by the autoversioning-plugin, but the issue does not happen here.
I did not test it on windows, but on linux the plugin uses "just" linefeed as line-ending character.
And if you look into it with windows notepad or edit, the linebreaks are not shown as expected, the C::B editor and windows' wordpad should show it correctly.

Offline neo1691

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 06:24:41 pm »

This is done by the autoversioning-plugin, but the issue does not happen here.
I did not test it on windows, but on linux the plugin uses "just" linefeed as line-ending character.
And if you look into it with windows notepad or edit, the linebreaks are not shown as expected, the C::B editor and windows' wordpad should show it correctly.

ChangeLog file was by default opened by notepad outside code blocks.. I will try to open it by the internal editor!! Thanks!