Author Topic: Intel Compiler Debugger  (Read 2903 times)

sata

Intel Compiler Debugger
« on: June 21, 2009, 09:20:09 pm »
Dear all

I am about to start developing using Ubuntu 9.04 and Intel C++ compilers (V11.x) . I've been wondering, if Code::Blocks is an appropiate tool to do the job as an IDE. So far, I am quite impressed using it along with the GNU compilers. The debugging and code completion features are very good, great job done, graz! However, due to performance I must make use of Intel Compilers, preferrably using its own debugger. Hence, I have some questions left:

*** 1. *** Trying "Debugging->Start" the whole IDE gets stuck (even "Debugging->Stop" doesn't work) at
Starting debugger:
done
Registered new type: wxString
Registered new type: STL String
Registered new type: STL Vector
Setting breakpoints

Why is this? Only killall helps.

*** 2. *** I would like to try and use idbc in gdb mode. To do so, I would need to pass the commant line parameter -gdb to idbc. Where can I do so?

*** 3. *** Maybe offtopic, still: Any experience with respect to disadvantages using gdb instead of idb?

*** 4. *** In case idb is not supported at all ... any future plans supporting it?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerly

ST

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Intel Compiler Debugger
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 09:53:31 pm »
To run idbc in gdb mode you should change GDB_driver::GetCommandLine to pass the "-gdb" argument.
I don't know if this could be done without patching though.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]