Author Topic: What are the blue highlighted lines?  (Read 9737 times)

Offline jackhab

• Multiple posting newcomer
What are the blue highlighted lines?
« on: January 25, 2009, 10:35:08 am »
See attached picture, please.
Will somebody explain to me what is the meaning of this blue background I got from time to time? And how do I get rid of it?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: What are the blue highlighted lines?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 10:50:09 am »
That background highlights the current line. To disable it, go to Settings -> Editor -> General Settings. In there, uncheck the option Highlight line under caret.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:39:49 am »
That background highlights the current line. To disable it, go to Settings -> Editor -> General Settings. In there, uncheck the option Highlight line under caret.
Not the blue ones.

They appear if browsemarks style is set to browse marks in lines where a browse-mark is set.

I think it appears with new scintilla branch. Browsmarks might interfere with either changebar-margin or moder-style indicators, or something was forgotten when updating to new scintilla.

Anyway, I will look into it.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:07:24 pm »
More precisely (after some research).
This happens for me, if I have browsemarks set ( three dots) and then disable browsemarks, for the browsemarks I had.

Or if I enable browsemarks (they have to be disabled of course) and then enable them. After a restart of C::B with browsemarks enabled, everything is ok (three dots).

Offline jackhab

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:25:15 pm »
I don't even touch browsemarks. I open some settings dialog and close it even without modifying the settings and then bang - I have a couple of these. Unfortunately it's so inconsistent I can't reproduce it.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:18:38 am »
I don't even touch browsemarks. I open some settings dialog and close it even without modifying the settings and then bang - I have a couple of these. Unfortunately it's so inconsistent I can't reproduce it.

By default browsemarks are set, if you press left mouse-key for more than 200 ms in a line.
The browsemarks are the three dots in the left margin.

If you have opened "Settings -> Editor" and left it with "OK" the bug appears, because the editor does not take care of the margin settings of plugins.
All lines that contain browsemarks wil become blue.

I will commit a fix for this issue, if I have tested it enough.