Author Topic: wxSmithAui plugin: wxAui support for wxSmith  (Read 52243 times)

Offline Ganbito

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: wxSmithAui plugin: wxAui support for wxSmith
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 07:13:25 pm »
It is possible that wxAuiToolBar was not implemented until wxWidgets 2.8.9. I'm running 2.8.9 and 2.9svn so I didn't care previous version. I should treat this as a bug to solve.

It seems that when you try to unmake the changes, you went so far. That wxAuiToolBar has to be an wxsAuiToolBar, wich is the one who has the member named m_GripperSize.

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 08:19:32 pm »
but now i'm with 2.8.9.2 from wxwidget repo

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2009, 10:52:02 pm »
Please re-read my last post:
It seems that when you try to unmake the changes, you went so far. That wxAuiToolBar has to be an wxsAuiToolBar, wich is the one who has the member named m_GripperSize.

Change in line 566 wxAuiToolBar to wxsAuiToolBar.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2009, 11:27:43 pm »
I just tested it the first time (works out of the box).

Great work !!

You are right wxAuToolbar exists since wx2.8.9 .

To get rid of the (xpm-)warnings you only have to change "static char*" to "static const char*" inside the xpm-files.

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 01:32:21 am »
To get rid of the (xpm-)warnings you only have to change "static char*" to "static const char*" inside the xpm-files.

Thanks. I will try it, and then configuring the Gimp to export them in that way if it is possible.

Offline PsYhLo

• Almost regular
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 07:30:45 am »
funny i have reverted my changes
everything was alright after i extract the source one more time and it compile
sorry for my complaining :oops:

the plugin is great

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 08:48:42 am »
great this needs to be added to the codeblocks repo soon :D

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 12:18:18 pm »
Don't worry, PsYhLo. And thanks.

JGM, I've asked devs to add this plugin to the svn trunk, but I have no answer yet. Really, byo suggested to add this to his plugin, what I possibly make at last, but I don't know when.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 01:10:11 pm »
Really, byo suggested to add this to his plugin, what I possibly make at last, but I don't know when.
I have no objections at all - but you would need an account which can only be setup by Yiannis. His time is limited atm... If it is of help I (or Byo) could add the plugin in the meantime. Hence you would have read-only rights only.

An alternative is that you create an own project at BerliOS as some other plugin projects do, too. But: As it integrates with wxSmith I would prefer the main SVN.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 07:28:16 pm »
What about the support of upcoming wxWidget 3.0?
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 12:54:09 am »
MortenMacFly, I have no plans to create my own project at BerliOS, mainly because this is a plugin over a plugin and I also prefer to use the main SVN.

The unique question is to upload it as a standalone plugin or integrate it with wxSmith. If I integrate it with wxSmith I thought that I won't have write rights on the SVN, so I'll pass the plugin and patches to byo, who will upload them. But this have two problems: updating can be difficult and it would provide byo an extra work.

If it is of help I (or Byo) could add the plugin in the meantime. Hence you would have read-only rights only.

That is a good possibility, but I just discovered two new widgets (MDI Parent and Child) that I'll plan to support soon, so I think it is preferable to wait for that release before sending the plugin to the SVN.

Grom:
I'm using wxWidgets 2.9svn in my own project (currently paused) and I see that the code of wxAui wasn't changed too much, so it should work out of the box (at least code generation), althouth it can been improved.

Soon I will continue working in my project using this plugin so, if I find any mistake, I'll solve it and submit a patch or the new version.

Anyway you can try it and report if it works or what not work.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009, 02:02:36 pm »
[...] but I just discovered two new widgets (MDI Parent and Child) that I'll plan to support soon, so I think it is preferable to wait for that release before sending the plugin to the SVN.
No problem. Just drop me (or Byo) a note once you think it's time to release. Your work is highly appreciated.

Besides: Yiannis can setup access to certain folders IIRC. So keeping it out of wxSmith would enable you to have SVN access. In addition it's a nice tech-demo for other plugin-devs.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 11:41:57 pm »
Updated to version: 0.8.1

ADDED: wxAuiNotebook icon per tab.

I've just tested Aui based MDI and I didn't found it interesting, at least for my own projects, so I won't implement that widgets soon, sorry. As I say before, I stop active developement of this plugin for an indefinite period, but I will solve bugs you may report or I can find. I also accept improvement suggestions, but I don't know when I'll apply them.

MortenMacFly (or Byo), please upload the plugin to SVN, thanks.

To download the plugin: go to the fist post of this thread.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 11:51:57 pm by Ganbito »

basile

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2009, 11:00:51 am »
Hi,

Could you please tell me if it's possible to install it with the 8.02 windows binary?

Because as you described it, we need to set some variable like wxsmith and wxpropgrid. But if you download only windows binary, you don't have the "src" directory in the "path\to\c::b\".

Is this plugin only available for Linux, or do you wait for a stable release (1.0) to provide it as a contrib plugin?

Thanks,

Basile

P.S: Quotes from first page.

Just make two new global variables one for wxsmith with the path to wxsmith
("Path\to\the\c::b\source"\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith)
and another one for wxpropgrid ("Path\to\the\c::b\source"\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\propgrid\contrib)

Offline Ganbito

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2009, 02:22:49 pm »
Could you please tell me if it's possible to install it with the 8.02 windows binary?

Because as you described it, we need to set some variable like wxsmith and wxpropgrid. But if you download only windows binary, you don't have the "src" directory in the "path\to\c::b\".

You need the source code of codeblocks to build the plugin. If you re-read the quote, I didn't write "path\to\c::b\", but "path\to\c::b\source". It may (should) work with 8.02 but I have tested it only with the latest nightlies. At least on linux, build the plugin with 8.02 require some tweaks.

Is this plugin only available for Linux, or do you wait for a stable release (1.0) to provide it as a contrib plugin?
Just make two new global variables one for wxsmith with the path to wxsmith
("Path\to\the\c::b\source"\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith)
and another one for wxpropgrid ("Path\to\the\c::b\source"\src\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\propgrid\contrib)

The plugin is available for windows and linux. It could also be built for mac, but I don't have a mac to test it. I've marked last version as stable, but not fully featured. That's the reason because it is not 1.0.

Integrating the plugin on the contrib section is not as easy as uploading it to the server. It has to be integrated with the codeblocks build system and it may require some test wich have to be done by codeblocks devs. MortenMacFly is currently working on it. I don't know when he will can upload the plugin to svn. Just be patient.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 02:24:31 pm by Ganbito »