Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 6111 times)

tksuoran

Feature requests
« on: February 06, 2005, 10:43:59 pm »
I only very quickly tested CB, and it looks really promising :) ..but there are couple of issues...

There are a few feature requests that float around here. One more 'feature' would be a web page listing the status of these wanted features. Maybe I did not yet just find it?

The ability to place the project file 'somewhere/anywhere', relatively inside a hierachical tree is important. When you have multiple projects sharing some code, and you have multiple target platforms, the location of the project file can not determine the sources which make up the project. The way MSVC6 defines projects (manually pick and maintain the file set of project) works, but I also like the idea of file system determined - or assisted - project file selection. Maybe user could select directories which to scan for sources, and which inside those not to scan, optionally recursively.

Anonymous

Feature requests
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 01:13:58 pm »
Sry to use your post tksouran, but I would like to add 2 features that would be nice:
1. It would be nice to have some tabs just like those <Projects> <Symbols> <Watches> to quickly switch between open files in the project. It would be better than going up to the menu then "Window" and try to find one source or header among many others

2. It would be nice to be able to do just like in msvc and right-click a function or a definition and select "Go to definition of..." to find it's definition in project files or in external files

That's all, Code::Blocks roxs! And it gets better every time!