Author Topic: Feature Request: User Selectable Splash Screen  (Read 4960 times)

larslyngby

Feature Request: User Selectable Splash Screen
« on: September 26, 2005, 01:34:09 pm »
I've just started using Code::Blocks, and already I both feel impressed and quite at home.

However, nearly all good things have the capacity to be even better - so here goes:

Coming from Dev-C++ I've noticed one thing the competition allows that at this time is unsupported:

User selectable splash screen. Searching the forum it seems this has not been brought up so far.

I'd be grateful and feel even more at home with this possibility at hand.

/Lars.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2005, 11:20:17 am by larslyngby »

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Feature Request: User Selectable Splash Screen
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 03:50:05 pm »
May I ask what the advantage of User selectable splash screens is? I don't see the point...

btw. it is possible to replace the current splash screen... search for splash.png
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 03:54:14 pm »
What would be the reason to change the splash screen?
Frankly, I see no reason to make this customizable and I know of no other IDE that does (except Dev-C++).
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

larslyngby

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 11:06:36 am »
IMHO the graphics and current splash screen of Code::Blocks is better than commercial software standards.
The feature request has nothing to do with the quality or design of the splash screen.

My personal reasons for the request are
1) I like to personalize the software.
2) I'm used to it from Dev-C++. Glimpsing a favorite image at software startup adds to the positive experience.
3) More than once the splash screens I've used in Dev-C++ have really got peoples attention. Thus adding to PR-value for the software.

When all this is said, the solution to replace the current splashscreen 'splash.png' with my chosen splashscreen image will work for me.

Keep up the fantastic work  :D

/Lars.