Author Topic: Weird file tab behaviour in CB editor  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Jan van den Borst

• Multiple posting newcomer
Weird file tab behaviour in CB editor
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:44:14 pm »
Hello All,

For some time I am wondering about the behavior of the file tabs in the editor. I'm talking about the tabs with the names of the open files in them.

If I have f.e. 5 files open I have 5 tabs for every open file. The scroll buttons are not enabled because all tabs fit in the editor window.
A strange thing occurs when I open a new file.

Lets assume I first press the tab for the first file. This file now becomes the active file in the editor (I have 5 files open and they all fit in the editor window)
If I now open another file (clicking on a file in the project window) that file is opened, a new tab is opened, the editor focus on the new file but the tab bar is scrolled and the first file 'tab isn't visible anymore. Note that the tabs of all 6 files easily fit into the editor window.

If I want to go back to the first file by mouse I first have to scroll the tabbar until the tab of the first file becomes visible again and then click on that tab

This automatic scrolling of the tabbar when all files easily fit into the editor winow makes no sense.

Jan

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Weird file tab behaviour in CB editor
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:29:20 pm »
If I want to go back to the first file by mouse I first have to scroll the tabbar until the tab of the first file becomes visible again and then click on that tab
Probably that's something answered best by Eranif (which from time to time seems to monitor this forum). You may want to send him a PM. We are using a famous wxFlatNotebook component he wrote in C::B. So such things may be solved best by himself most likely.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline geronet

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Weird file tab behaviour in CB editor
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 11:42:29 pm »
Still annoying, this bug.. is there a chance to get a patch?