Author Topic: Several questions about debugging in C::B  (Read 2920 times)

Offline olelukoie

• Single posting newcomer
Several questions about debugging in C::B
« on: November 12, 2008, 08:20:05 am »
I've used C::B for some time under windows & linux and now I have some questions about debugging. Maybe there's already answers somewere but I havent found them, sorry.

1. Is there support for drag'n'drop between code editor and watches pane? So that I could select a var in my code and drag it in watch pane without using context menu and additional dialog box.
2. Is there suport for MS-like type modifiers in watch pane? So that if I add a watch in form 'var,x' it means that the value of 'var' should be represented as hex, and if I add a form 'var,5' it means that 'var' is an array pointer and contains 5 elements.
3. Does watches pane support 'inplace' editing without calling additional dialog box?
4. Is it possible to display non-latin UTF-8 and wide (wchat_t, std::wstring etc.) chars and strings as chars and strings in watches pane? Currently I can see only char codes instead of chars.
5. If I add a watch in a form of array, I cannot see its base address. Is there any way of displaying address of an array and its elements at the same time? And is it possible to see address of a scalar variable along with its value without adding second watch in form of '&var'?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:22:12 am by olelukoie »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: Several questions about debugging in C::B
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 05:19:23 pm »
1, no
2,haven't tested yet, but I think the answer is "no"
3,no
4,haven't tested it yet, I'm not care about this
5,no, but you can simply add a "&" before the variable name.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.