Author Topic: Unable to Stop Debug Process : Help needed  (Read 3638 times)

Offline kandhala

• Single posting newcomer
Unable to Stop Debug Process : Help needed
« on: October 29, 2008, 06:36:46 am »
Hi all,
I installed CodeBlocks 8.02 on my Ubuntu-Hardy  and getting the following problem.
I am unable to Stop the debug Process most of times when i am running debugger and want to stop the debug.
Closed my project and open the project again and still debug process is running.

My Build options were with -g and no stripping of symbols and no Optimization of Code.
I want some help regarding this.

waiting for your response
with regards
kandhala

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Unable to Stop Debug Process : Help needed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:19:38 pm »
You may have to hit the stop button twice. That's because as long as the program is running, hitting the button will not stop debugging, but will tell the debugger to break the program.
If you hit the button while the program is held at a breakpoint, it will stop debugging.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline kandhala

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 06:38:54 am »
Hi Mr Thomas,
Thanks for your suggestion but it does not work.
I had only one button active that is Stop Debugger in Debug Mode and i pressed it so many times but no use.
If any thing more than this let me know

waiting for response
Srinivas

Offline rhf

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 03:31:49 pm »
I occasionally have the same problem, which seems to occur most often when debugging a large project: the program hangs and I have to shut down CB.  However, I am also using TDM's latest binaries, http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/, and am not surprised to have glitches now and then. Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to create a reproducible small example. Of course my problems are on Windows XP; If you can reproduce the problem on Ubuntu, that would be interesting.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 03:36:19 pm by rhf »

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 02:40:16 pm »
I too experience this problem often. The debugger menus become disabled.

I can renable them by clicking into another window (eg., TotalCommander or FireFox) then clicking back into CB.

The project does not have to be large. I've experienced it when debugging a small wxWidgets sample, or a small windows dll. just about anything.

svn build  rev 5218 (2008-09-24T11:08:58.261082Z)   gcc 3.4.5 Windows/unicode