Author Topic: Developer volunteers sign up here  (Read 26084 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Developer volunteers sign up here
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:49:46 pm »
Are you a codeblocks user and you want to contribute in making a plugin, translating, etc?

"Sign up" here, and tell us what you can do! :)

(Note: You need to sign up as a forum member first)

The reason for making this thread is to organize ourselves better and make sure that people wanting to contribute aren't left unnoticed. However, we don't guarantee we'll make you an "official developer", this thread is for reference only.

Blaubaer

Re: Developer volunteers sign up here
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 08:20:46 pm »
Are you a codeblocks user and you want to contribute in making a plugin, translating, etc?

hmmm. maybe ;)

German translation. Linux testing an fixing the most obvious bugs. Maybe later some OSX testing if I introduce Code::Blocks at my workplace (Im mainly working on OSX at work, using wxWidget but don't own a mac myself). Bringing in ideas how to make it more usefull for me ;)

Stefan

Offline squizzz

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 11:46:34 pm »
I will gladly help with Polish translation. :P
this space is for rent

Lexx

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 10:14:56 am »
Hi!

I can help on Hungarian translation, wxWidgets problems (using wx 3 years) , general develop (i using  c  21 years, c++ 11 years).
but, my english is very bad (i can read, understand 80%, and probably only text around programming) (i have learned german).

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 10:18:09 am »
my english is very bad (i can read, understand 80%, and probably only text around programming) (i have learned german).
Than this is a good way to learn english ;) get active on the forum, and try to answer questions.. thatis how I learned English. (I know that I am a bit younger than you are :), but hey, you never to old to learn :D)
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

sanjivg

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 10:21:55 am »
I am interested in to help the compiler plugin development. Have understanding of compilers/tools/makefiles , their options, and good experience in C.

darklordsatan

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 12:12:54 am »
Though I know you dont want me as an official developer rickg22, for reasons both you and I know :)
I'd still like to participate in translation (spanish, If you dont have the time yourself), plugin dev and so on.. As you know, Im very fond of  C::B, the problem is, I havent been around for 1 month or so.. and checking so many new posts is a litle overwhelming, so, anyone care to give me a quick refreshing of what has been happening around ? (Yeah, I know, Im a lazy bastard  :lol:)

Offline jmccay

• Almost regular
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 11:43:29 pm »
I am still interested in participating.  I still plan on writing the scripting pluggin.  It's just going to take a little longer.  I might get my feet wet with a simpler pluggin first.
joe mccay

a little light reading from the wxWidgets 2.6.2 readme: A detailed 2000-page reference manual is supplied in HTML, PDF and Windows Help form: see the docs hierarchy.

MHaggag

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 04:18:56 pm »

I've contributed a little to the project back when it started, but stopped due to lack of time. Now I have my time back :)
I'm farily proficient with C++ and wxWidgets. I'd rather work on bug fixes and/or "improvement" requests (improving something already existing rather than adding new components/plugins), at least until I'm familiar with the codebase again.

The first thing I'll start with, though, is make it buildable with Visual C++ .NET, since it's my preferred IDE and compiler.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 06:40:30 pm »
Welcome back Muhammad :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Florianx

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 11:08:45 pm »
I can make some plugins and also translate cb to german.
I use C++ since 4 years now, but didn't used wxWidgets before.

knue

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 02:10:26 am »
hi,

I am using codeblocks on gentoo linux now.
I have not too much time but I can help bug fixing the linux version. It seems, that the main development is done under windows, isn't it?
I have good C/C++, linux and wxWidgets skills.
Perhaps I can help to develop a plugin (I am interessted in wxSmith) when I've got more time.

Greetz,
Roland

Offline heromyth

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • http://
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 05:28:00 am »
I think I have finished the Chinese translation. Now I am developing a RAD plugin similiar to wxSmith. I call it wxVFB (Visual Form Builder for wxWidgets) :lol: Still so many works need to be done.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 05:33:50 am by heromyth »

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 08:46:32 am »
Hi, I could also help in translating to Greek and as a developer I have great experience in Qt development (and as I can see there are a lot of common things with wxWidgets). I have already patched c::b to work with qmake to generate makefiles but it is kind of custom (just the things that intrested me in my work) so I haven't submited it but hopefuly I will make a complete one and submit it. I will also in the near future create a qt plugin for c::b (the design is in my head but I need some free time...)
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.

mario

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 03:55:10 pm »
Hy,

I'm developing for windows and linux with C++ at work and am fluent in C/C++.
Interested in fixing bugs both win and linux, developing plugins.
Not much experience with wxWidgets, just got started playing around with it,
but have a strong desire to learn and develop my skills :)

Regards,
  Mario

P.S.
 Also can help in translation to Croatian.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 08:24:56 am by mario »