Author Topic: C::B with wxWigits portable?  (Read 3316 times)

Shamharoth

C::B with wxWigits portable?
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:14:44 pm »
Hi
I am in the third (and last) year of an apprenticeship and this year we will learn OOP with Borland (When our teacher told us, that we will use Borland for this part of our schoolyear, we all thought: "OMG borland sucks!"). In the first hours C::B was very good and easy to configurate. Now whe are learning the GUI-using. So we have to use wxWidget for this situation and I found a howto for using wxWidget in C::B.
But in the future I want to take C::B with the GUI-extansion with me on a USB-stick and so I have to make it portable.

My question:
Is it possible to make the wxWidget portable? When yes, how can I do it?

I know how to make C::B portable (http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_make_Code::Blocks_portable.3F).
The installed folder of wxWidget is more than 2,4GB big. (I installed wxPack_v2.8.8.04.exe)

Is it possible to copy the wx - folder into the C::B and delete some of the subfolders which I don't need (for example the vc libs)?

Thank you in advance for help
Sham.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english but I am a dyslexic (I hope it's the right word).

Offline denk_mal

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: C::B with wxWigits portable?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 12:53:09 pm »
Hi
Hi Sham
My question:
Is it possible to make the wxWidget portable? When yes, how can I do it?
Yes I have done this for myself an work on this environment as a professional Developer on a daily base.
(In a svn based project with 4 other developers)

I know how to make C::B portable (http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_make_Code::Blocks_portable.3F).
The installed folder of wxWidget is more than 2,4GB big. (I installed wxPack_v2.8.8.04.exe)

Is it possible to copy the wx - folder into the C::B and delete some of the subfolders which I don't need (for example the vc libs)?
I am using this directory structure
+devel
-+ projects (containing my projects)
-+ tools
--+ MinGW
--+ msys
--+ CodeBlocks
--+ wxWidgets

In the codeblocks project files I have use global variables for the wxwin paths (in the same way Codeblocks has done this)

(I am using a 2.5 inch USB HD with PortableApps/Geek.Menu because it is quite faster than an USB stick)
Thank you in advance for help
Sham.
HTH

denk_mal