Author Topic: Code Completion seems to need some "help"  (Read 2375 times)

Offline SenseiC

• Single posting newcomer
Code Completion seems to need some "help"
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:16:26 am »
I've been using C::B for a while now and on "feature" just irritates me.  Before I am so bold as to report it as a bug, I figured I'd post here to see if I'm just missing something obvious.

I attached an image of the Code-Completion settings, but I can tell you I haven't changed any of them.  Actually the only "change" I've made to C::B was when I discovered how to define the default text for a new file.

Anyway if I'm coding in C++ and I add some variable, class, etc. it seems that I have to SAVE my project before the code-completion knows anything about the "new kid".  As soon as I save the project, it's like C::B and the new variable, etc. are "old buds".

I've just reproduced this with two screen captures so you can see what I mean.  The first image (Before Save.jpg) is obviously after I've created some dummy class called IamNew and then went into main and typed "IamNew" and nothing happened.  I've highlighted the text and you can also see the pink highlight above (i.e. C::B knows about the text).  I hit "save all files" (though hitting "just" save would do, and then deleted the variable, started typing again and when I got to the N in "IamNew" the Code Completion immediately presented the class IamNew.

Why is this?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:25:45 am by SenseiC »

Offline blueshake

• Regular
Re: Code Completion seems to need some "help"
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 08:33:09 am »
I asked this problem several days,the developer said If you don't save you have no chance. CC (re-)parses the file only if it is saved (btw: when you compile you save the file first, too).
Keep low and hear the sadness of little dog.
I fall in love with a girl,but I don't dare to tell her.What should I do?