Author Topic: getting rid of "source" "header" "other" directories?  (Read 3026 times)

Offline subatomic

• Single posting newcomer
getting rid of "source" "header" "other" directories?
« on: September 30, 2008, 04:44:53 pm »
Hi, it seems that codeblocks automatically splits up the source files in 3 directories:  "Source", "Header", and "Other".

I don't like to have my files split up, and would rather they be at the top level under the project icon (i.e. _no_ folders at all).
I _can_ drag the files so that they're under the project icon, however, they snap back under "Source", "Header", and "Other" after the project saves.

The closest I've found is "virtual folders", but they don't work because they create a folder.  I don't want any folders!

Here's my use case...  I have a workspace with 40 projects.  It's annoying to have to descend into all the sub-subfolders.  So if all files were children under the project icons, that'd be ideal...

Is this possible?  If not, can we add it as a feature request?
thanks,

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: getting rid of "source" "header" "other" directories?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 04:50:06 pm »
Is this possible?  If not, can we add it as a feature request?
Right-click on you project, select "Project tree"...
...play around with "Categorize by file types" and "Display folders as on disk" until you get what you want.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline subatomic

• Single posting newcomer
Re: getting rid of "source" "header" "other" directories?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 04:57:15 pm »
thanks for the tip, i'll play with this.
as an aside...  my c:b 8.02-1 on fedoracore8 locks up when I choose "Categorize by file types", but comes back after 1/2 minute...  it's strange.

(note to others with the same question, I found the setting is saved in default.conf...)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 05:04:06 pm by subatomic »