Author Topic: How to use the SDK  (Read 5743 times)

Offline acinfo64

• Single posting newcomer
How to use the SDK
« on: September 11, 2008, 02:44:13 pm »
Dear All,

To compile a plugin I need the wxPropgrid library (-lpropgrid) and wxscintilla. But I don't know how to use the SDK. When I compile C::B from SVN I use the Codeblocks.cbp and for the plugins the ContribPlugins.workspace.

However for the SDK there is no .cbp file or workspace to compile the SDK and even when I compile C::B from SVN it doesn't include the building of the SDK libraries.

Can someone explain how to compile the SDK and build the libraries.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: How to use the SDK
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 03:01:20 pm »
Can someone explain how to compile the SDK and build the libraries.
If you compile C::B yourself from the sources using the project/workspace files you described you already have all you need:

1.) SDK headers: [CB_SOURCE_FOLDER]\include
2.) SDK libraries: [CB_SOURCE_FOLDER]\devel\lib*.a most important here: libcodeblocks.a
3.) wxPropGrid headers: [CB_SOURCE_FOLDER]\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\propgrid\contrib\include
4.) wxPropGrid library: [CB_SOURCE_FOLDER]\plugins\contrib\wxSmith\propgrid\libpropgrid.a
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline acinfo64

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 04:43:11 pm »

Thank you very much, the problem is solved. I was looking in the SDK directories like branches\ex\sdk\propgrid but I could not find a way to compile. Also I did / do not understand the differences between all the versions.

Probably I did a build instead of building workspace when compiling the plugins, so I could not found the libpropgrid library in the plugin directory when I did a search through all files.  Because the wxPropGrid is not a plugin I didn't look further in the plugins.

Offline wenxibo

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 06:56:18 pm »

Thank you very much, the problem is solved. I was looking in the SDK directories like branches\ex\sdk\propgrid but I could not find a way to compile. Also I did / do not understand the differences between all the versions.

Probably I did a build instead of building workspace when compiling the plugins, so I could not found the libpropgrid library in the plugin directory when I did a search through all files.  Because the wxPropGrid is not a plugin I didn't look further in the plugins.

I have the same problem,

Had you created the libcodeblocks.a under win32 ?
There is a makefile.in in sdk folder, but I don't know how to use it to build (or compile it to makefile) in windows.

why official not offer a libcodeblocks for download ?

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 07:28:51 pm »

I have the same problem,

Had you created the libcodeblocks.a under win32 ?
There is a makefile.in in sdk folder, but I don't know how to use it to build (or compile it to makefile) in windows.

why official not offer a libcodeblocks for download ?

Don't cross post !

Dje