Author Topic: Someone help me PLEASE !  (Read 4223 times)

Offline Siavash

• Single posting newcomer
Someone help me PLEASE !
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:10:29 am »
I think it's time to prepare for the immigration  Laughing but I have some questions again friends !  :D
1.I want to use C::B for game programming and I want to know is C::B integrated to my tools ? (I use GLFW and Horde3D and both of them are similar to windows api to use (They are DLL files) then I want to integrate OpenAL , ENET and Scripting languages such as Python and LUA .)

2.For game programming the fastest code execution is very important. Does the MinGW provide this , or I must to use another compiler ? (Please post some benchmarks of MinGW and MSVC compiled code execution speeds)

3.Which choice is the best , depending on your experiences ?
-Using the offical C::B 8.02 with it's integrated MinGW 3.4.5, wxWidgets and Debugger.
-Using the C::B nightly builds ; If the answer is true which nightly build is most stable and which components I must to download separately such as MinGW , Debugger , wxWidgets and ... and at last how to integrate them.
-Do you have any other ideas ?

4.Is it possible to use Assembly and SSE codes with the C::B ?

Thank you very much   8)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: Someone help me PLEASE !
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 05:28:32 am »
1. That question belongs to the compiler more than Codeblocks. If the libraries you're using are compatible with the compiler you're gonna use, you don't have to worry about it.

2. Mingw provides pretty fast code. See http://bytes.com/forum/thread442870.html

3. IMO the nightly builds are pretty superior to the stable. They've always been ;-)

4. To use assembly I think you'd need to use NASM (at least if you're using GCC - see, it depends on the compilers you're using.

Hope I've helped :)

Offline Siavash

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:07:53 am »
1. That question belongs to the compiler more than Codeblocks. If the libraries you're using are compatible with the compiler you're gonna use, you don't have to worry about it.

2. Mingw provides pretty fast code. See http://bytes.com/forum/thread442870.html

3. IMO the nightly builds are pretty superior to the stable. They've always been ;-)

4. To use assembly I think you'd need to use NASM (at least if you're using GCC - see, it depends on the compilers you're using.

Hope I've helped :)

Thanks a lot for helping, so can you help me to install C::B;
I'm going to use C::B nightly builds under WinXP and using MinGW compiler (for developing applications and most game programming) , I don't know which packages (GCC 4 , wxWidgets, MinGW compiler, GDB and win32 headers) that I must download them separately and where to place and integrate them ? (Please put the latest download links if it's possible to you)

Thanks

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 12:12:59 pm »
There's no installing. Unpack the zip files where you want them. Link to the download is always in the latest "nightly build" topic.

The same (just unpack zip files) is true for MinGW, although they do have an automatic installer too. If you're unsure what to download, use the installer.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Siavash

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 04:05:32 pm »
There's no installing. Unpack the zip files where you want them. Link to the download is always in the latest "nightly build" topic.

The same (just unpack zip files) is true for MinGW, although they do have an automatic installer too. If you're unsure what to download, use the installer.

My problem is this : Which packages I most to download (using MinGW) to program windows OO applications and games using C++  :?
I can't use their Automated Install system because I don't have ADSL or any high speed connection (I'm using 56K connections right now) and I can't use download accelerators  :shock:

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 02:23:08 pm »
A good start would be typing mingw into Google's search field and pressing the OK button, then reading the instructions below the first hit that say "HOWTO Install the MinGW (GCC Compiler) Suite".

The page tells you exactly what to download and what to do. If you want a version different from the one on the HOWTO page, then use the corresponding files with numbers you want instead.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."