Author Topic: Splitting editor window and weard behavior  (Read 2547 times)

Offline frithjofh

• Regular
Splitting editor window and weard behavior
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:49:16 pm »
Hello,

I just happen to edit a file in c::b editor window in a split view. I wanted to copy some comments from somewhere up the file to somewhere down the file without having to scroll each time, so I wanted to try out the split view feature of the editor window. And, liking very much the feature to copy/paste marked text with the middle mouse button, I used this feature.

The result was kind of strange (using a vertical split): in the right hand split I marked the text, in the left hand split I tried to insert it with middle mouse button click. It did insert but not in the right hand split as expected, but in the left hand split, and there it appeared in the literally same line (not same line as "line number" but as "the line that happened to be at the same horizontal place in the two splits of the window"). Not quite the expected behavior ... Same thing happens with a horizontal split chosen.

Should be a bug, shouldn't it ? (but not very important). Platform is SuSE 11.0 x86_64 . c::b build 5177.

Regards

Nausea
architect with some spare time  -  c::b compiled from last svn  -   openSuSE leap x86_64  -  AMD FX-4100

Offline DrewBoo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Splitting editor window and weard behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:22:59 pm »
I can confirm this bug on my Solaris10 machine.

The bug only happens when pasting FROM the top/left view TO the bottom/right view.  In other words, the text will always paste where the top/left view's carat is.

The bug also exists when pasting via Right-click -> Edit -> Paste

The bug also exists even if you click to explicitly place the cursor in the bottom/right view by clicking before using either of the paste methods mentioned above.

The bug will not happen when pasting via keyboard (Ctrl+V or Alt+E, P)