Author Topic: Undefined references in GDB plugin  (Read 2995 times)

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Undefined references in GDB plugin
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:34:26 pm »
Anyone else getting this?

mingw32-g++-DW2.exe -shared   -Wl,--dll -Ldevel -Lbase\tinyxml -LG:\wxMSW-2.8.8\lib\gcc_dll  .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\backtracedlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\breakpointsdlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\cdb_driver.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\cpuregistersdlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\databreakpointdlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debugger_defs.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggerdriver.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggeroptionsdlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggeroptionsprjdlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggerstate.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggertree.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\disassemblydlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\editbreakpointdlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\editwatchdlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\editwatchesdlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\examinememorydlg.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\gdb_driver.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\gdb_tipwindow.o .objs\plugins\debuggergdb\threadsdlg.o   -o devel\share\CodeBlocks\plugins\debugger.dll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias -Wl,--enable-auto-import  -lcodeblocks -lwxscintilla -lwxmsw28u
.objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o:debuggergdb.cpp:(.text$_ZN18ProjectLoaderHooks11HookFunctorI11DebuggerGDBEC1EPS1_MS1_FvP9cbProjectP12TiXmlElementbE[ProjectLoaderHooks::HookFunctor<DebuggerGDB>::HookFunctor(DebuggerGDB*, void (DebuggerGDB::*)(cbProject*, TiXmlElement*, bool))]+0x12): undefined reference to `__imp___ZTVN18ProjectLoaderHooks11HookFunctorI11DebuggerGDBEE'
.objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o:debuggergdb.cpp:(.text$_ZN18ProjectLoaderHooks11HookFunctorI11DebuggerGDBED0Ev[ProjectLoaderHooks::HookFunctor<DebuggerGDB>::~HookFunctor()]+0x7): undefined reference to `__imp___ZTVN18ProjectLoaderHooks11HookFunctorI11DebuggerGDBEE'
.objs\plugins\debuggergdb\debuggergdb.o:debuggergdb.cpp:(.text$_ZN18ProjectLoaderHooks11HookFunctorI11DebuggerGDBED1Ev[ProjectLoaderHooks::HookFunctor<DebuggerGDB>::~HookFunctor()]+0x7): undefined reference to `__imp___ZTVN18ProjectLoaderHooks11HookFunctorI11DebuggerGDBEE'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I'm having this error since I moved to the new PC a few days ago, although I see no obvious reason why. Using the same Code::Blocks (r5155) and MinGW binaries (4.2.1) like on the old machine, and the same wxWidgets build (put old hard disk in new PC, did a 1:1 copy).

Tried reverting to default settings, no extras, no tweaks, no tampering.

Also tried with a freshly built copy of wxWidgets (2.8.8) just in case (even though the error isn't related to wx).

Did try deleting all temporary files, including precomp headers.

No success. No clue. Help, pretty please?  :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 09:36:47 pm by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline DrewBoo

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Undefined references in GDB plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:08:35 pm »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Undefined references in GDB plugin
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:06:32 am »
Very good, thank you DrewBoo.

I was going to reply "but that's a bug in 4.3.0, I'm not using it to build Code::Blocks". Surprise, surprise... adding -v showed that I did indeed! All is good now :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."