Author Topic: Problem with Co-Existing C::B builds...  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Jonathan Blow

• Single posting newcomer
Problem with Co-Existing C::B builds...
« on: July 01, 2008, 12:19:28 am »
I am trying to run and debug the nightly build of C::B from a release package of C::B on Ubuntu 8.04.

The release version is in /usr/bin and the nightly build has installed to /usr/local/bin.

When I run the /usr/local/bin version, it can't find any of its modules, so it's hard to do anything useful.  I don't remember this happening when I experimented with having only the nightly build installed.  So I think having two builds installed is somehow confusing the plugin-finding process?

That's the big problem.  The smaller problem is, my main CB process keeps popping up dialog boxes talking about how various layouts have changed, apparently due to the CB that I am debugging changing them.  So how do I resolve this conflict so that they don't write layouts to the same place?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with Co-Existing C::B builds...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:16:28 am »
To your first problem:
how do you start the svn-version of C::B?
I have different version on my laptop and it works without any problems.
If you build with "./configure --prefix=...", go to your prefix-directory (I guess it's "/usr/local") and from there type "bin/codeblocks" (or whatever the relative path to the executable is. That should work.

For the second problem: you can use different profiles. Start C::B with commandline-option "-p" followed by a space and the profile name and a new conf-file is created in "~/.codeblocks" additionally to the "default.conf",what's used without a named profile.

EDIT:
by the way: this forum is for C::B development only.
I think your question belongs to the Help-forum.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 01:22:22 am by jens »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with Co-Existing C::B builds...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 08:47:00 am »
So how do I resolve this conflict so that they don't write layouts to the same place?
It's best if you work with profiles when debugging C::B. Set as program arguments e.g. the following parameters (see C::B help for their meaning):
--debug-log --no-check-associations -ns --profile=foo
That's the best choice for debugging C::B.

I think your question belongs to the Help-forum.
Depends... he is debugging C::B itself so this is C::B development most likely. I think we can make accept this post here.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ