Author Topic: C::B Tab Control (Suggestion)  (Read 3194 times)

felipe.silva

C::B Tab Control (Suggestion)
« on: May 28, 2008, 02:52:53 am »
Hello C::B Developers,

I don't know if here is the right place to give suggestion. If I'm making a mistake, please apologize-me.
  At first, congratulation for C::B! It's really amazing!
  I would like to give you a suggestion. Why don't implement a Tab Control like Firefox or Gnome Console? In those programs, it is possible to switch between tabs using not only Ctrl + Tab, but also using Ctrl + Page Up (Down), in order to go forward and backward.

Cheers,
Felipe

mariocup

Re: C::B Tab Control (Suggestion)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 08:25:03 am »
Hi felipe.silva,

just have a look at the user manual (http://www.codeblocks.org/en-docs-wrapper in section 10.5). Here a snippet of the manual.

Code
In the editor, you can switch between the tabs with the open files via Ctrl-Tab. Alternatively you can set ’Use Smart Tab-switching scheme’ in ’Settings’ /’Notebook appearance’ , then Ctrl-Tab will bring up an Open Tabs window in which all the open files will be listed which can then be selected by mouse-click (see Settings of switching between tabs 1.7). You can use the shortcut Ctrl-Tab in the management window to switch between the different tabs.

A common procedure when developing software is to struggle with a set of functions which are implemented in different files. The Browse Tracker plugin will help you solve this problem by showing you the order in which the files were selected. You can then comfortably navigate the function calls (see Plugins 2.7).

The display of line numbers in CodeBlocks can be activated via ’Settings’ /’General Settings’ in the field ’Show line numbers’. The shortcut Ctrl-G or the menu command ’Search’ /’Goto line’ will help you jump to the desired line.

Bye,

Mario