Author Topic: Debugging Issues  (Read 3397 times)

Offline NorthPilot06

• Single posting newcomer
Debugging Issues
« on: May 16, 2008, 06:22:29 pm »
Hey guys,

One other quick question...I'm having some troubles with debugging in Code::Blocks.  I have my project setup correctly (according to the debugging wiki - I have "-s" off, "-g" on, no optimizations, etc).  However, in the debugging window, it still states 'No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.'  Thanks for all of your help.

Offline Vuki

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Debugging Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:59:34 pm »
Make sure you have the latest gdb version. I had similar issue with some older gdb version, the upgrade fixed it.

Offline NorthPilot06

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:17:33 am »
I do have version 6.8 installed  :?  Any other ideas?  Thanks :P

Offline darcwader

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 05:36:12 am »
try the gdb separately through cmd line, if it still says that then it would be some compiler settings issue. make sure -g option is set for the appropriate target.
if it doesnt then its some problem with launching the program, its launching wrong exe. ( can happen if you are using custom makefile ) .

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 11:35:05 am »
Can also happen if you have more than one project in workspoace and they have different build-targets selected.
The debugger-plugin uses the build-target from the last loaded project (more details).

If that's the problem you can switch to another build-target (for example Release) and then switch back to Debug.

It might also be helpful if you post the full commandline and the debugger's debug log:

for the first:
"Settings -> Compiler and Debugger... -> Global Compiler settings -> "Other settings" (the rightmost tab) -> Compiler logging="Full command line",

and the second:
Check "Settings -> Compiler and debugger... -> Debugger settings -> Display debugger's log".