Author Topic: Codeblocks doesnt start anymore (openSUSE 10.3 x64) HELP!!1  (Read 4439 times)

Offline thoughtcrime

• Single posting newcomer
Hello dudes,
I installed code::blocks a few days again (this time from an rpm package) on my openSUSE 10.3 x64.
While i tried to get a windoze project running with my linux I opened code::blocks with some hacked project files (i edited them in kwrite).
My problem isnt only that i couldnt get that project to work, now even code::blocks doesnt start anymore :(
Here's what the console says:
codeblocks: relocation error: codeblocks: symbol _Z23wxHandleFatalExceptionsb, version WXU_2.8 not defined in file libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0 with link time reference

I already tried to uninstall and install the package again but it didnt help. Should I delete code::block's settings (and where are they located if i'd do so)?

EDIT: I deleted my default settings file in /home/user/.codeblocks/ - it gives me the same error :(
it'd be really helpful if someone explained me how to fix that because without codeblocks i can't code on that project :S
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 03:27:58 pm by suppaman2 »

Offline thoughtcrime

Re: Codeblocks doesnt start anymore (openSUSE 10.3 x64) HELP!!1
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 01:01:02 pm »
sorry for the doublepost, but its 2 days since no1 answered and I really need to get this working :( doesn't anyone have an idea why this doesn't work?

Offline roso

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 01:37:33 pm »
Same here.
I'm using openSuse 10.3 x86. The strangest thing is that it always worked on all my previous openSuse 10.3,
but this time it didn't. Maybe we forgot to install something or install it the wrong way.

Please give us some kind of advice!

Offline Deschamps

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 05:07:17 pm »
Hello, mates.

I suppose that I'll not be able to help you, but I also can suspect that this is not an issue related to this distro. I'm using openSUSE 10.3 x86_64 time ago, and I haven't found any problem running C::B there.

When the 8.02 version was released, I installed the package from the 1-Click Install feature (using the TheTuxKeeper repos, if I'm not wrong). But only because I was curious to try it. In any case, I uninstalled that package (it worked correctly, though) and continued compiling C::B from their svn sources (currently build 5074), and always it has been running fine. BTW, I also compiled wxGTK from their sources (building C::B against my "custom" wx 2.8.7 unicode).

Maybe, you are using wrong wxGTK packages.

Regards.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 05:18:37 pm by Deschamps »
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline thoughtcrime

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 05:37:33 pm »
Hello, mates.

I suppose that I'll not be able to help you, but I also can suspect that this is not an issue related to this distro. I'm using openSUSE 10.3 x86_64 time ago, and I haven't found any problem running C::B there.

When the 8.02 version was released, I installed the package from the 1-Click Install feature (using the TheTuxKeeper repos, if I'm not wrong). But only because I was curious to try it. In any case, I uninstalled that package (it worked correctly, though) and continued compiling C::B from their svn sources (currently build 5074), and always it has been running fine. BTW, I also compiled wxGTK from their sources (building C::B against my "custom" wx 2.8.7 unicode).

Maybe, you are using wrong wxGTK packages.

Regards.

Thanks for your answer, i'll try to build wxgtk myself and build codeblocks ontop of that then.

EDIT: Its working :D:D thank you very much :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 11:41:57 pm by suppaman2 »

Offline roso

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 09:45:13 pm »
Yoshaa~~

I tried to reinstall the whole wxWidgets, but nothing changed.
But after installing only the wxGTK port, it worked nicelly.

Thank you!
Que Dieu vous benisse Deschamps.