Author Topic: wxSmith or wxFormBuilder  (Read 19636 times)

Offline Barking_Mad

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxSmith or wxFormBuilder
« on: May 01, 2008, 10:34:22 am »
Just started learning the wxWidgets API and have been getting familiar with wxFormBuilder v3.0 from wxWidgets site. However i notice that CB comes with wxSmith also. Im just curious which is preferred by those who have experience with CB and wxWidgets and why?

I haven't explored wxSmith much.
WooF! WooF! - Ubuntu 8.10 & CB 5432 & GCC 4.3.2
To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour - W.B

Offline RJP Computing

• Almost regular
    • RJP Computing
Re: wxSmith or wxFormBuilder
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:28:42 am »
Well I am partial to wxFormBuilder. :) wxSmith is included in Code::Blocks, but it is still getting the finishing touches added. There is a good wiki article that compare the different GUI builders here. Give it a read and if you want further reasons come on over to the wxFormBuilder forum to discuss. We would be glad to help.
- Ryan

Ubuntu/WinXP, AMD Athlon 64 3000+, 1000MB RAM, AC 97 Audio, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB

Offline Barking_Mad

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: wxSmith or wxFormBuilder
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:38:49 am »
Thanks. Ive been using wxFormBuilder so far, its very nice and simple. Im just looking at adding custom widgets now to it, specifically some OpenGL canvas and some test custom widgets to see how much flexibility i have before i commit to using it for a larger project.

Hmm looking at that comparison table, think maybe its out of date with FormBuilder v3, because it doesn't show it as having a colour picker class, which im sure i came across in v3  :) but havent used yet.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 04:55:16 am by Barking_Mad »
WooF! WooF! - Ubuntu 8.10 & CB 5432 & GCC 4.3.2
To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour - W.B