Author Topic: Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 and C::B 8.02 AMD64  (Read 3188 times)

riang1954

Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 and C::B 8.02 AMD64
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:42:15 am »
I have used code::blocks on my windows machine, but am moving to linux.

I have a clean load of Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 on an ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI w/ 3800+ CPU and am trying to install C::B 8.02 AMD64.

I did the sudo dpkg -i *.deb which seemed to work, but when I click the C::B icon it appears to start but the user interface does not appear on the screen.

Any help?

Thanks, Roger

Offline Barking_Mad

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 and C::B 8.02 AMD64
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 10:27:22 am »
Is CB process/daemon still running in the background (failed to start/close) in the System>System Monitor? This could interfere with CB starting again.

You can also try upgrading to a nightly build from 8.02. See http://apt.jenslody.de/ for nightly repo. Using synaptic i had to force the newer version of CB over the 8.02 build that comes with ubuntu by default.

Im on AMD 64 but im on x86 linux build.
WooF! WooF! - Ubuntu 8.10 & CB 5432 & GCC 4.3.2
To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour - W.B

Offline Ganbito

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 05:22:50 pm »
Hello, I am starting with Code::Blocks (version 8.02), first on Windows Vista and then on Ubuntu AMD64 7.10 and 8.04. My computer is a laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo T7700.

I had an unresolvable (for me) problem on Vista so I have tried on that Ubuntu, getting an error similar to yours. The problem were that I have downloaded an x86 version instead of an AMD64 one. Then I download the right version and it got to work fine. It seems that it is not your problem, but you can try to download it one more time to avoid downloading errors.

I have noticed just now that you wrote:
I have a clean load of Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64
If thats true, it is problable that you have not all the wxWidgets dependencies installed on your system. I expect that C::B do not install if you do not have the minimal dependencies installed on your system but I cannot be sure because I always get them with Synaptic before install C::B. You can check if you have them installed on their right version.

This is all I can suggest you to try. Maybe someone more experienced can give you the right solution.

P.S.: Sorry if my English is not very well but it is not my mother tongue. I have tried to explain it the most clearly that I could.

kalivos

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 09:31:56 pm »
I have used code::blocks on my windows machine, but am moving to linux.

I have a clean load of Ubuntu 8.04 AMD64 on an ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI w/ 3800+ CPU and am trying to install C::B 8.02 AMD64.

I did the sudo dpkg -i *.deb which seemed to work, but when I click the C::B icon it appears to start but the user interface does not appear on the screen.

Any help?

Thanks, Roger

I am also having the same issue. Clean load of Ubuntu 8.04 64bit. C::B icon starts, but the user interface does not appear on the screen. I am using a repository (http://lgp203.free.fr/ubuntu/). CB worked until the last repository update. CB does not appear to be running in the background according to System Monitor. Any help would be great!

-Kalivos

EDIT: Not sure what caused it. But it seems to work now. I added the other repository to my list. I also removed CB and reinstalled it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 10:09:13 pm by kalivos »